Game thread BAMA-USC Game 2

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Picked off, before the next pitch.................................

He assumed the bunt was going to be laid down, so he seems to have gotten careless.

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
This team has no baseball smarts, not the first time Vance has been picked off in critical situations.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Single gives us back that runner, at first. Just with an out.

Instead of at second, and one out.

And sacrifice bunt moves him into scoring position, with 2 outs.

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
If it were my decision, I'd run somebody else out there this inning to play second base - see if that message gets through.

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
A gift from the Tide to the Gamecocks. Here you guys take this game, we don't want it.

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
I put this loss 100% on Goff. If you DH Kyle you can't pull DeVinny for a PH when you know you don't have a 3rd catcher who is competent behind the plate. If you do, you can't throw 60 ft sliders. Especially after the first 2 passed balls. Yes, I am calling them passed balls b/c catcher has got to block them. Devinny and Kyle are a lot better at that than Webb.

SECis the best

BamaNation Citizen
Mar 17, 2017
he did DH kyle....I would have gotten Vainer out of there as soon as he threw 1st WP.... He looked like he was scared to death to be out there in that situation. I also don't think you need to change Vance to send a message. He is your best defender although when your closer cant throw a strike there isn't much to defend. 60 ft sliders ARE WP 's

SECis the best

BamaNation Citizen
Mar 17, 2017
sorry Wylie, I thought you were saying he should have DH Kyle....Yeah and you were right . He puts in PR for Tanner... Horrible job of coaching.....Johnny Bench might not have blocked those pitches !

bamajake

1st Team
Sep 27, 2001
Tuscaloosa, Alabama, USA
I think it is time for a refresher course on board etiquette. In case anyone hasn't read the sticky thread posted by DiamondTide (our moderator), here it is:

"I want to thank everyone who supports our baseball program and this message board. You love it as much as I. When things are not going the right way we tend to start disecting it from every angle. I know some of you can get frusturated to the point where you have to vent. I understand that. I want to let everyone know that I will removed the negative posts about players and coaches. You can go to al.com and release all the frustrations you have about this program. Also remember that current players and their parents read this board as well. How would you feel if your son was getting raked over the coals with negative comments by posters hiding behind keyboards? No, you wouldn't like it at all.

If you have to vent, please find another board to do it on. I'm keeping this one positive.

DT"

Watch what you say or you will find yourself in DT's doghouse. Not only that, it is, in my opinion, unacceptable to make personal remarks about the players. They are kids trying their best and we as adults need to avoid making personal attacks on them. Flame away at the coaches. They are adults. Flame away at me for this post. I am an adult and don't care if you flame me for this one. However, please avoid calling players names. That being said, I do not know the player personally, but if he were my son, I would be pi$$ed at anyone making such comments. While I agree that we need to do a better job at blocking pitches, anyone who has ever played the position (and I have) knows that when a pitch travelling 85-90 miles per hour or more hits the ground three feet in front of you, it is extremely difficult to block. Even major leaguers have problems with that.

So far this weekend, the guys have done pretty well. Let's regroup and come out tomorrow and take the series.

Roll Tide!

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
sorry Wylie, I thought you were saying he should have DH Kyle....Yeah and you were right . He puts in PR for Tanner... Horrible job of coaching.....Johnny Bench might not have blocked those pitches !
Catchers all the time block those pitches. I don't blame Vainer as much as I do Goff. He knows Webb is a bad defensive catcher. I agree After the first 2 WP's he should've pulled Vainer and brought in someone who throws FB/changeup VS a dang slider.

SECis the best

BamaNation Citizen
Mar 17, 2017
sorry if anyone is offended.... I thought this was big time college baseball. The best conference in the country. This isn't the Alabama little league. These kids and their parents better know that. Everyone don't get a trophy. Don't worry. I will NEVER post on here again

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.