Game thread BAMA-USC Game 2

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Since I do not get to see the games, I have to go by what I hear on the radio network. And some of the comments, by the rest of of the peanut gallery.

What is the obsession with breaking balls? It seems that we throw them over 80% of the time. WP, PB, whatever............the risk is higher. Plus, if you can't get the ump to call them a strike, or fake the hitter, you are in trouble. You run the risk of yet another BB, or letting them sit on dead red.

In any case, we battled back, and then what would seem to be (to someone who does not actually watch the game) some bad decisions, by our bench staff, gave them a gift.

CNS would say "some teams practice until they get it right.............we practice until we can't get it wrong." Someone might want to point that out, to this staff. To either get our catchers to keep those pitches in front of them, and/or the pitchers throwing them for strikes.

We have too many good kids, on this team, to let them fail, in these pathetic ways.

And that is all I have to say. I think. Until tomorrow. No radio, since the gals are playing GT, in the WNIT.

ReturnToGlory

All-American
Nov 22, 2006
Blakely, Georgia
Had to come by and get everyone's take on the game. I agree with those who believe Goff's poor decisions cost us the game. Had a chance to win a series @ the number 8 ranked team and blew it. When a guy doesn't have it, pat him on the back and say get 'em next time and bring someone else into game. Go for the series win and if you don't win tomorrow, so be it.

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
sorry if anyone is offended.... I thought this was big time college baseball. The best conference in the country. This isn't the Alabama little league. These kids and their parents better know that. Everyone don't get a trophy. Don't worry. I will NEVER post on here again
SEC, please post again. I don't think you said anything out of line. I think the reminder was towards me for calling Webb a clown.

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
Since I do not get to see the games, I have to go by what I hear on the radio network. And some of the comments, by the rest of of the peanut gallery.

What is the obsession with breaking balls? It seems that we throw them over 80% of the time. WP, PB, whatever............the risk is higher. Plus, if you can't get the ump to call them a strike, or fake the hitter, you are in trouble. You run the risk of yet another BB, or letting them sit on dead red.

In any case, we battled back, and then what would seem to be (to someone who does not actually watch the game) some bad decisions, by our bench staff, gave them a gift.

CNS would say "some teams practice until they get it right.............we practice until we can't get it wrong." Someone might want to point that out, to this staff. To either get our catchers to keep those pitches in front of them, and/or the pitchers throwing them for strikes.

We have too many good kids, on this team, to let them fail, in these pathetic ways.

And that is all I have to say. I think. Until tomorrow. No radio, since the gals are playing GT, in the WNIT.
Cuda, game is on ESPN3.com or watch ESPN App.

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
Had to come by and get everyone's take on the game. I agree with those who believe Goff's poor decisions cost us the game. Had a chance to win a series @ the number 8 ranked team and blew it. When a guy doesn't have it, pat him on the back and say get 'em next time and bring someone else into game. Go for the series win and if you don't win tomorrow, so be it.
How much quality practice time can you get in during the season when you play some many games? It appears that our players need more time in the film room learning what they did wrong than anything. These coaches need to use the film to do some situational teaching. If they are doing this then it's not translating to the field.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
I hate I missed all these games this weekend since we went to Memphis, but man it sounds like it was a close, frustrating weekend.

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
I hate I missed all these games this weekend since we went to Memphis, but man it sounds like it was a close, frustrating weekend.
We should have definitely won Saturday. Horrible decision making by Goff. I don't blame Webb who hasn't caught that much, Goff set him up to fail by putting him in to catcher Vainer. Throws a hard biting slider that quite frankly he can't control. If you run for DeVinny, got to sac the DH and put Kyle back there.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.