Link: Anthony Averett Played 2016 Season With Sports Hernia

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Link

Anthony Averett began to tighten up halfway through the 40-yard sprint, slowing down as he finished the run instead of pushing like he normally would.

Still, Averett ran a 4.45 40.

It was further proof of the New Jersey native's speed.

There aren't many players that can run a 4.45 40 healthy. Alabama's redshirt cornerback posted that time while dealing with pain from a mild sports hernia that's bothered him since the second game of last season.

It ranked as the sixth-best time on the team during the Crimson Tide's spring testing.

"The trainers or coaches that were there with him, he said they were even saying to him, 'How did you run that time with your injury? That's crazy,'" Averett's mother, Carmen Davis, said.

Averett played through that injury last year, emerging as one of the top cornerbacks in the SEC despite regular pain in his abdomen and groin.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
If it's still bothering him, I'd love to see him be able to take it a bit easier in camp to give him the best chance at being fully healed by the time fall/summer camp and the season comes around.

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
With Anthony and Minkah we should have the best pair of corners in the nation! We will have some major speed on this team.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I'm so glad he came back for his senior season. If he continues to develop like he did last season he's going to earn himself a TON of money this fall.

And he's one of my favorite players - dude's a baller.

beatthemtigers

All-American
Jan 4, 2006
I'm so glad he came back for his senior season. If he continues to develop like he did last season he's going to earn himself a TON of money this fall.

And he's one of my favorite players - dude's a baller.
Yes he is, add Harrison and that might be 3 first round picks next year, just in the secondary

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Man, he is a beast. Assuming Minkah stays at CB this defensive backfield is going to be ridiculous. Minkah and and Harrison are almost locks to be early round picks if not both 1st rounders. Averett is on track to put himself in that conversation as well. This is Tony Browns now or never year to show he can play at an elite level but he has the physical tools to be an NFL Player. (personally hope Brown makes his way to safety. The way he hits he might be a solid fit there.) Plus a solid young group of 4 & 5 stars to fill in other rolls. and Hootie is back to lock down a starting job at S or a key backup roll.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
Man, he is a beast. Assuming Minkah stays at CB this defensive backfield is going to be ridiculous. Minkah and and Harrison are almost locks to be early round picks if not both 1st rounders. Averett is on track to put himself in that conversation as well. This is Tony Browns now or never year to show he can play at an elite level but he has the physical tools to be an NFL Player. (personally hope Brown makes his way to safety. The way he hits he might be a solid fit there.) Plus a solid young group of 4 & 5 stars to fill in other rolls. and Hootie is back to lock down a starting job at S or a key backup roll.
after all Hootie has been through and still does to help his family while he's still playing I'm really rooting for him to grab a starting spot and play well enough to hear his name called in the draft next year. Would love to see him at S and Brown at Star.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.