Y'all will like this story, Kid kills 3 burglars with an AR15

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
He may get charged for murder for the one in the driveway. I don't think there's an issue with the 2 he killed inside the house. Not sure about following one outside and shooting him there. That seems to go beyond the castle doctrine..
Heat of the moment...I doubt it. Even if he did get charged by the DA, I seriously doubt the grand jury would take up the charges, instead would no bill him.

Last edited:

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Heat of the moment...I doubt it. Even if he did get charged by the DA, I seriously doubt the grand jury would take up the charges, instead would no bill him.
If he were in a blue state, maybe, but Oklahoma? I don't know that the DA could get a conviction even if he followed one of them home, shared a meal with him, then shot him.

JF3

Scout Team
Jul 16, 2004
Phenix City, AL
If they are minorities, he will be tainted as racist, and the sjw's will be all over it ... Travon all over again .
NO. Trayvon did not break into anyone's home. He was profiled by a zealous neighborhood watch clown named George Zimmerman. Please think before you type!

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
NO. Trayvon did not break into anyone's home. He was profiled by a zealous neighborhood watch clown named George Zimmerman. Please think before you type!
How a Miami School Crime Cover-Up Policy Led to Trayvon Martin’s Death
The February 2012 shooting death of 17-year-old Trayvon Martion might never have happened if school officials in Miami-Dade County had not instituted an unofficial policy of treating crimes as school disciplinary infractions. Revelations that emerged from an internal affairs investigation explain why Martin was not arrested when caught at school with stolen jewelry in October 2011 or with marijuana in February 2012. Instead, the teenager was suspended from school, the last time just days before he was shot dead by George Zimmerman.

In October 2011, after a video surveillance camera caught Martin writing graffiti on a door, MDSPD Office Darryl Dunn searched Martin’s backpack, looking for the marker he had used. Officer Dunn found 12 pieces of women’s jewelry and a man’s watch, along with a flathead screwdriver the officer described as a “burglary tool.” The jewelry and watch, which Martin claimed he had gotten from a friend he refused to name, matched a description of items stolen during the October 2011 burglary of a house on 204th Terrace, about a half-mile from the school. However, because of Chief Hurley’s policy “to lower the arrest rates,” as one MDSPD sergeant said in an internal investigation, the stolen jewerly was instead listed as “found property” and was never reported to Miami-Dade Police who were investigating the burglary. Similarly, in February 2012 when an MDSPD officer caught Martin with a small plastic bag containing marijuana residue, as well as a marijuana pipe, this was not treated as a crime, and instead Martin was suspended from school.
At least he didn't break in anywhere THAT night.

LA4Bama

All-SEC
Jan 5, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
If you read the second article posted, it states he was shot in the home then tried to run, but died in the driveway. I don't think there is any way the guy will be charged with murder. The first article left a lot of info out.

Now also in the second article, it says the driver who dropped them off at the home is being charged with three counts of murder along with burglary. Why is she getting charged with murder?
Doubt it would hold in court, but the prosecutor can use it aa leverage to get a favorable plea deal. I'm with you though it seems absurd to charge a person sitting in a car with murder because her friends were shot dead

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Doubt it would hold in court, but the prosecutor can use it aa leverage to get a favorable plea deal. I'm with you though it seems absurd to charge a person sitting in a car with murder because her friends were shot dead
If you are part of a crime that leads to someone's death, you can get charged with murder. I don't know how often that applies to when the bad guy gets killed instead of the victim, however.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
These punk kids and crackhead adults are going to learn that thug life and stealing will lead to one of two things, either jail or DEATH. Good for the son to blow them away because these days we have no clue how these worthless idiots are going to react if a homeowner wakes up and sees them inside the house WITHOUT a weapon?

That's the main reason I sleep with my Sig right under my bed loaded and ready, and my AR in the corner two steps away from the bed with a 30 round mag fully loaded, with 2 more 40 round mags and another 30 that could be loaded or unloaded (depending on if I go shoot) at any time during the night or day. I pray to the Good Lord that I never have to use either against another person, but I'm not putting my family at risk. Yes I will have to live with taking a life whether it's justified or not, but it beats the alternative that loved ones will be gone in the place of the idiot that broke in. Guess which one I'm choosing?

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
Felony murder. If you commit a crime and someone is killed, it's on you, even if you didn't do the killing.
I guess I've just always thought about if the victim was killed then you would be charged as an accessory to murder. I never thought about the perpetrator getting killed then the get away driver would be charged.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I guess I've just always thought about if the victim was killed then you would be charged as an accessory to murder. I never thought about the perpetrator getting killed then the get away driver would be charged.
Believe it or not, "felony murder" has been a settled part of the law as long as, well, this country has been a country, although it has been abolished in the other English-speaking countries. Last I looked, several years ago when this came up last, 46 out of the 50 states recognized it. Most restrict it to felonies with inherent danger (burglary being one). IOW, embezzlement is not such a crime, so, if someone got killed in the process, it's doubtful felony murder would lie...

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Lady in my dad's church shot two intruders one night. One died. The second was charged with his murder.

Just so I'm clear (though I suspect everyone here knows my position) - I in no way fault the son for what he did. He reacted as I likely would in the same situation - that has to be a fearful moment. Those three chose to play a really stupid game and won the ultimate stupid prize for it. But as easy as it is to think "good job", the ramifications from that stupid decision they made will last a long, long time.
Totally agree. Though he's considered a man by the government I don't think he has enough life experience to get over that. Saw that while in the military.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro[emoji208]

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Totally agree. Though he's considered a man by the government I don't think he has enough life experience to get over that. Saw that while in the military.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro[emoji208]
Probably not, and, like in combat, I'm sure he realized that it was his life or theirs. That doesn't relieve the trauma, though...

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
The 21 year old who enlisted the 3 teens to do the break-in has 3 young children too.

Poor kids......their only crime is having a stupid irresponsible mother. :(

They're young enough to not understand much and will be better off with her since she will be doing serious time.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.