In 10 Years DEA Has Taken $3.2 Billion Without Charges Filed

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
Hopefully the SCOTUS will take on one of these cases and stop this from happening. There are too many stories of completely innocent people having their money stolen by the police who hide behind this process.
I'm afraid you'll be disappointed. SCOTUS has in principle upheld civil asset forfeiture a number of times. The real solution will necessarily be a political one, not a judicial one. That means enough people will need to be convinced that they pressure their representatives at every level to change the law.

chanson78

All-American
Nov 1, 2005
Huntsville, AL
Methinks the idea of being innocent until proven guilty escapes you. If innocent people are regularly caught up in these "administrative procedures", then the procedures for sure should be reformed. And by the way, there are multiple threads herein with example after example of innocent people being deprived of their property.
I feel dirty right now because of what I am about to say. I completely agree with 86.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
I feel dirty right now because of what I am about to say. I completely agree with 86.
I've had those moments as well where I agreed with 92 or seebell. I felt like it was an outer body experience as the aliens "probed" me. Needless to say, I took a shower for the remainder of the day. The Jim Carrey shower scene in "Ace Ventura" comes to mind.

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
I've had those moments as well where I agreed with 92 or seebell. I felt like it was an outer body experience as the aliens "probed" me. Needless to say, I took a shower for the remainder of the day. The Jim Carrey shower scene in "Ace Ventura" comes to mind.
I shower after reading Tide1986's posts. I wear a full body condom before even clicking on a DBF post!!:biggrin:

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
Its not theft no more then the IRS seizing your assists for tax fraud but no one is crying over that.
It's a legal process like anything else.
Yup...no one's crying over that at all: http://reason.com/blog/2017/04/04/irs-seized-17-million-from-innocent-busi

The inspector general found money seized and forfeited by the IRS was legally obtained in 91 percent of a sample of 278 structuring investigations it reviewed occurring between fiscal years 2012 and 2014. Altogether, those funds totalled $17.1 million and involved 231 cases.
IOW, 91% of the time the IRS had no justification for taking the money. I'll bet other programs have similar rate of abuse.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.