Deshaun Watson spotted at Innisfree Tuscaloosa

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Yes, we should always assume the Bama fans are at fault - there's zero chance Watson instigated it.

I agree that this is also an assumption, but I don't think that it is a leap. Anderson tried to pay his check for a reason, and I doubt that it was because Watson was the one instigating this. But, still, an assumption.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
Granted it was from Anderson's people, but his rep told TMZ yesterday they didn't start anything. They advised Watson to leave before anything got worse. Ryan even offered to pay for Watson's meal, and the two have talked about it since Saturday.
That doesn't jive with the statement made by Innisfree or the witnesses there saying the Bama players were asked to leave as well. This is just publicist spin to protect their clients image pre-NFL draft. One video shows pretty animated body language/speaking for it to have been 'cordially' picking up a tab.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
That doesn't jive with the statement made by Innisfree or the witnesses there saying the Bama players were asked to leave as well. This is just publicist spin to protect their clients image pre-NFL draft. One video shows pretty animated body language/speaking for it to have been 'cordially' picking up a tab.
Did Innisfree name Anderson and/or Gilberry? The statement I saw didn't give names, just said person/people involved.

RollinTider1335

All-SEC
Jun 12, 2010
Spring Hill, TN
Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! Whoa!

Bama players were drinking in a party school town and a (mild) altercation broke out with a rival????? And.....why is this news???

Look DW knew before he got there what could happen if he went to T-town and partied with a bunch of drunk college kids. Nobody got hurt (with the exception of some egos) so i just call this "the off-season". Not news

RTR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Granted it was from Anderson's people, but his rep told TMZ yesterday they didn't start anything. They advised Watson to leave before anything got worse. Ryan even offered to pay for Watson's meal, and the two have talked about it since Saturday.
This is what I heard also. Has Watson publically commented on what happened? Media, social media, other.... Sure would be a good time for him to say something one way or the other.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
This is what I heard also. Has Watson publically commented on what happened? Media, social media, other.... Sure would be a good time for him to say something one way or the other.
He probably has no idea how large a mountain has been made of this molehill.

CoastGhost

Suspended
Sep 5, 2009
North Carolina
I watched a Bama lineman (who we all know but I will not name) in 1975, the week following the Missouri game come into a Tuscaloosa student bar and absolutely crush a pinball machine. Stuff happens.

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama
It's worth noting that Innisfree - at least during the day - is as much of a bar as Buffalo Wild Wings or Baumhower's. It's more of a bar at night but it's pretty family friendly during the day.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Lot's of places he can celebrate; I have to think his choice of a T Town student bar was a poke in the eye and one step past tolerable.
So it is your belief that he came hundreds of miles out of his way to antagonize Alabama fans, and he decided to do this by wearing a cammo hoodie rather than Clemson colors?

LA4Bama

All-SEC
Jan 5, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
Whether you think it's a big deal or a small deal or a non issue, fine we can agree to disagree about the magnitude, but nobody should be rationalizing the fact that it's not okay to harass a guy out of a restaurant just cause he beat you in football. I can't believe there are adults on this thread trying to rationalize this. You can say that's just the way it is and DW should "know better", sure, because some people are rude and we can't exactly stop that, but not that that's the way it should be. If you think that's how it should be you need to look in a mirror and think more about what you want to be when you grow up.

CoastGhost

Suspended
Sep 5, 2009
North Carolina
So it is your belief that he came hundreds of miles out of his way to antagonize Alabama fans, and he decided to do this by wearing a cammo hoodie rather than Clemson colors?

Of course not; he was obviously either applying for graduate school or didn't want to miss the March Madness sale at McFarland Mall. "Hundreds of miles out of his way ... blah blah" was your conclusion and nothing near what I said. It is my belief that someone in Tuscaloosa was bound to react poorly and that is exactly what happened.

Last edited:

CoastGhost

Suspended
Sep 5, 2009
North Carolina
Whether you think it's a big deal or a small deal or a non issue, fine we can agree to disagree about the magnitude, but nobody should be rationalizing the fact that it's not okay to harass a guy out of a restaurant just cause he beat you in football. I can't believe there are adults on this thread trying to rationalize this. You can say that's just the way it is and DW should "know better", sure, because some people are rude and we can't exactly stop that, but not that that's the way it should be. If you think that's how it should be you need to look in a mirror and think more about what you want to be when you grow up.
Big difference between rationalizing something, which implies some level of approval and understanding how something could happen or could be prevented.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Of course not; he was obviously either applying for graduate school or didn't want to miss the March Madness sale at McFarland Mall. "Hundreds of miles out of his way ... blah blah" was your conclusion and nothing near what I said. It is my belief that someone in Tuscaloosa was bound to react poorly and that is exactly what happened.
He doesn't have to explain why he was in Tuscaloosa. Free country. Anyone who has a problem with him being there needs to grow up.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
He doesn't have to explain why he was in Tuscaloosa. Free country. Anyone who has a problem with him being there needs to grow up.
Why is freedom often expressed as one way thing? That's nonsense. Yes, he's free to go there, and people are free to be unhappy about it. I'm tired of people saying this is a free country, in such a way that means they can do what they want yet others are unable to do what they want. That doesn't make a bit of sense.

LA4Bama

All-SEC
Jan 5, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
Why is freedom often expressed as one way thing? That's nonsense. Yes, he's free to go there, and people are free to be unhappy about it. I'm tired of people saying this is a free country, in such a way that means they can do what they want yet others are unable to do what they want. That doesn't make a bit of sense.
Wow, really? this is sports and even a slight explanation could send this right to non-sports, but in a nutshell, you are free in order to live a life determined by your own conscience, not to affect other people because you are unhappy. You are free to be unhappy if that suits you, but not to affect others negatively.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Wow, really? this is sports and even a slight explanation could send this right to non-sports, but in a nutshell, you are free in order to live a life determined by your own conscience, not to affect other people because you are unhappy. You are free to be unhappy if that suits you, but not to affect others negatively.
That's not really true, at least in relation to what I said. Now, in B1G's defense, I'm not sure he intended to come off quite like he did, as I was arguing with what he said which might not be how he might actually feel. But what he said was along the lines of there's no issue with Watson going there because it's a free country, yet right after the he expressed the sentiment that there's something wrong with people who took exception to that. Both of those things though fall under freedom of expression!

Now, the truth is this entire topic is non-sports as it never had anything to do with actions on a football field. Having said that it is the offseason. To make things a bit more clear, freedoms are allowable to the point of infringement. In this case, Watson had a right to go into a bar even though he obviously knew this might cause an adverse reaction. On the other hand, every single patron in that bar has ever right to be incensed by his being there and to express their displeasure! The only point in which that might veer into infringement upon his rights or the rights of the proprietors would be at the point he was asked to leave. Even then, the manner in which it was done would dictate if it was an infringement. For instance if someone said "I'd really prefer you not be in here" how on earth is that anything other than their exercising their right to freedom of expression? It is only when and if they (assuming they are not the proprietor) took it upon themselves to deny him access or threaten him with harm that it becomes anything beyond that.

That's how freedom works, or at least how it should work. Freedom can't be applied in a one way manner, and it can't end at the point it effects others but rather at the point it infringes on others. Merely causing a negative reaction is not reason enough to deny me my rights. I take exception to fact that people often use their right to freedom of speech or what have you, to do things then claim their rights are violated when people respond to their actions. The right to do something is not the right to live free of consequences.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.