The Bama Brand is internationally recognized

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
This is a post today from a friend.

I'm at Disney. I just had a conversation with a young Japanese couple from Tokyo. Their English was limited to conversational, but we made it through. They were great folks. Super excited about Disney and I welcomed them to the Happiest place on
🌏
as best as I could. It's their first trip to Disney. They asked me what was park was my favorite. Of course, I said Epcot, because of beers around the world. I then asked, do y'all like beer? They said no.....I forgave them, thought about trying to convert them, but just continued our conversation. They asked me where I was from. I said Arkansas. They said oh Walmart. I said yes, but I have lived in Alabama for 10+ years. They said, "oh yes football, Nick Saban". I forgave them again but got up and walked away.

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Love it!

As a long time Bama fan from Canada, will never forget the first time I got a "Roll Tide" from someone...

While driving to Universal Studios w my then-hunnee n her son in Januray 2011, I notice "Dr. Phillips High School" to my left, glimpse the team practicing, promptly exclaim "Did y'all see that!!", explain to them that, as much as I love them, I'm now going to drop them off at Universal Studios, n head back to try to sneak a peek at my beloved Crimson Tide, n will see them later...

After dropping them off, then driving back to steal some totally unexpected, unprecedented glimpses of the guys in their closed practice - while trying not to attract the attention of the burly state trooper, I race back to Universal, on a natural high, sporting my Bama shirt, and while running up the ramp to get into the theme park, I get a "Roll Tide" from some random guy who happened to notice my shirt.

My limited vocabulary precludes me from adequately describing what that all meant to me, but suffice it say, "I'm in touch w that emotion" as you describe your friend's post.

In an inverse sorta way...

Last edited:

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
How odd is this: In Boone N.C. we were in a restaurant and my wife overheard a lady next to us say "Mackinley" and my wife told her she had a little grand-daughter named Mackinley also. They lived in Boone, of course. Soon the wife and the lady had discovered they were both named Renee too. Then when the lady stood up and turned around -- she was wearing an Alabama shirt -- and she saw our Bama gear she smiled and said, "Roll Tide. I was hoping ya'll weren't Auburn fans."

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.