Florida player thought he had an offer from Auburn; turned out to be a prank

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I hope this helps the kid get some exposure resulting in a real offer.

And I hope someone figures out who did this to a KID, takes them out back, and beats the hell out of them.

dadleyblane5

All-SEC
Apr 19, 2011
DeFuniak Springs Fl.
How about the kid from I think Colorado that said he was signing with USC when he didn't have an offer
I'm not saying this didn't happen, it may very well have. And if that 's case, shame on the person(s) who did this and what a cruel joke to play on a kid with dreams of playing college ball. All I'm asking is - is it possible this was cooked up by the kid to give himself some extra exposure? I don't know. And I'm not saying the kid concocted this idea, but with caller i.d. and all kinds of other technology nowadays to i.d. the source of a caller, it's kind of hinky to me. Yes, they could block the number, but why would a MAJOR university interested in a kid block their number from being viewed on caller i.d.? I don't know,..JMO..this is just the 20+ years of being a Sheriff's Deputy in me being inquisitive. But, if it was like he said it was, that's pretty crappy of a person to do that.

Last edited:

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
"Honey...would you mind picking up some more pickles and ice cream while you're out?"
:biggrin:
Ha. Her cravings have remained semi-normal. If she has a hankering for Mexican food though, we are having Mexican food. Sushi is the most off the wall it's gotten.

Dub, I'll give $250 to name her Terri Saban. lol Wish you all the best and a healthy, happy baby.
Thank you! Going with Cecilia Rose.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I've been told I have no heart because I didn't cry at all during certain shows or movies, but I seriously don't buy this.

Look at the kid's 247 profile. He only has one offer (FAMU) and doesn't even have a position rating.

If he was pranked, the kid is extremely gullible. Obviously, the prankster is pathetic, but the kid isn't too bright for falling for it.

Miami Central has had enough D1 talent come through for its players to know how things happen. If he's going to get offered by a P5 school, he's going to have some form of contact before hand. They may send him some flyers or contact him via social media, but they are going to reach out to him before they call him with an offer (should be noted there are special circumstances where this doesn't happen).

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
I've been told I have no heart because I didn't cry at all during certain shows or movies, but I seriously don't buy this.

Look at the kid's 247 profile. He only has one offer (FAMU) and doesn't even have a position rating.

If he was pranked, the kid is extremely gullible. Obviously, the prankster is pathetic, but the kid isn't too bright for falling for it.

Miami Central has had enough D1 talent come through for its players to know how things happen. If he's going to get offered by a P5 school, he's going to have some form of contact before hand. They may send him some flyers or contact him via social media, but they are going to reach out to him before they call him with an offer (should be noted there are special circumstances where this doesn't happen).
Savage...

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama

Not just "certain shows." You didn't choke up in five seasons of Friday Night Lights. Ice cold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

IDK, my nephew never gave up hope that he would get an offer from Notre Dame even though he had no D1 offers. He is far from stupid, and he would have fallen for a prank like this because he would have wanted to believe it so much.

And, yes, I sometimes get a bit of dust in my eyes at movies.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa

same here

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
In 2008 there was a California kid that said he had offers to Oregon and Cal, but it turned out that neither of them offered him. A police investigation was conducted to find "the pranksters", but they found out that the kid made up the whole story because he wanted to be the first player out of his HS to go D1. Not saying this will be the same, but it is something to keep in mind.

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/recruiting/football/story/_/id/7525340/kevin-hart-recruit-lied-california-golden-bears-sign-missouri-western-state

But I agree with RTR91's point. The coach and the player are extremely gullible if they actually believed it was a real offer.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.