Northwestern begs out of its two Friday night games this year.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
I don't understand why anyone, alumni aside, would watch Northwestern, Purdue, Indiana, Illinois, Minnesota, Rutgers and Maryland any day or night of the week. This would apply to Kentucky, Missouri and Vanderbilt in the SEC as well.
Because I like watching football. I don't care if they aren't as good as Bama.
Bama aren't as good as the Patriots or any other NFL team but I still watch them.

Granted we all probably have a competency threshold that we draw mentally where any team performing beneath that threshold is just no fun to watch. Maybe yours are teams like Rutgers and Maryland. Mine happens to be a majority of high-school football. I love the game but not enough to watch the teams near where I am muddle through a game.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
I watch a ton of games that you probably deem insignificant, but that is because I love the sport. The sport means more to me that Alabama or Ohio State. So many people in my life have played it and coached it. So many people in my life have sacrificed for it. And most on teams that sucked. But that didn't detract from the competition one bit.

Every team out there has players bleeding for their team mates. Every team out there deserves support as much as any other. Sure, we more closely watch the teams for which we feel more deeply connected, but I understand what the players and coaches are going through, so I am able to connect to pretty much every team. For that reason, I can watch and enjoy just about any game.
Along the lines of some of us watch College Football because we love the game. Some of us chant "SEC, SEC, SEC," because we love the game and the conference family. Some of us only watch Alabama and we could care less about everyone else. Me? I love College Football and watch most of it ..... and I have found that 3-6 Vandy playing 2- 7 Kentucky can be just as good a game as 6-3 Florida playing 7-2 Georgia. It is all in the perspective.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.