Alabama One of 35 Teams with Better Than 100/1 Odds to Win 2018 Title

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
Would love to get rich quick (well, in 365 days or so) taking some of that 1-40 action against St. Mary's...

Meanwhile, 'Bama didn't even get a sniff from SI's Way-Too-Early 2017/18 power ratings. Which might be a good thing, flying or Sky Kinging (Sexton) under the national radar at this stage...

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
Meanwhile, 'Bama didn't even get a sniff from SI's Way-Too-Early 2017/18 power ratings. Which might be a good thing, flying or Sky Kinging (Sexton) under the national radar at this stage...
Who? What?
Translation: While UK was SI's way-too-early No. 1 based largely on an incoming recruiting class, 'Bama with a near-historic recruiting class of its own got nary a mention for next year's SI Top 25. For which the Tide's flying under the radar - even "Sky King" (Sexton, based on his theatrics at the recent dunk and 3-pt. contests) - not getting any mention at this stage ("way too early") might be a good thing. Capeesh?

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
More than anything this tells me that the odd-makers think what I already thought about next year's team. That 'expectations' are for them to make the NCAA Tourney and maybe at least get to the Round of 32.

We will just have to wait and see how things go. We were close to making the NCAA this year and Sexton and Petty will definitely make us a LOT better. I'm hoping Sexton isn't a "one-and-done". He could change our program big-time. That cat is LEGIT.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Translation: While UK was SI's way-too-early No. 1 based largely on an incoming recruiting class, 'Bama with a near-historic recruiting class of its own got nary a mention for next year's SI Top 25. For which the Tide's flying under the radar - even "Sky King" (Sexton, based on his theatrics at the recent dunk and 3-pt. contests) - not getting any mention at this stage ("way too early") might be a good thing. Capeesh?
Did you come up with that nickname on your own?

Collin's nickname is Young Bull.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
More than anything this tells me that the odd-makers think what I already thought about next year's team. That 'expectations' are for them to make the NCAA Tourney and maybe at least get to the Round of 32.

We will just have to wait and see how things go. We were close to making the NCAA this year and Sexton and Petty will definitely make us a LOT better. I'm hoping Sexton isn't a "one-and-done". He could change our program big-time. That cat is LEGIT.
Unless he has a Melo-type year at SU then I kinda doubt he's one-and-done. he can learn a lot at BAMA that can help prepare him to be a solid contributor for the next level. If he does come in and have that type of year its a plus for both him and Bama but right now his focus should be on being the best team player and student he can be at Bama. Everything else will come from the effort he puts in doing the two things I just mentioned.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.