March For Science To Bill Nye, The Science Guy: Take A Back Seat, You’re White

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
I love it, when the fascists eat their own.

http://www.dailywire.com/news/15053/march-science-bill-nye-science-guy-take-back-seat-hank-berrien

Forget the fact that Nye isn’t even a scientist; Stephani Page, a biophysicist at University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill who was invited to the March’s board after she questioned its commitment to diversity, fulminated, “I love Bill Nye. But I do feel comfortable saying to you what I said to the steering committee: He is a white male, and in that way he does represent the status quo of science, of what it is to be a scientist.” Page added that commending the two women “was an opportunity to put up a picture of science that did not just fit the white male image.”
Uh, just exactly is a "scientist"? Obviously, not what a lot of us thought it meant.

Organizers of the March had a vitriolic response when it appeared references to climate change had been removed from the White House’s website. One organizer railed against the notion that the March would be apolitical, writing, “Colonization, racism, immigration, native rights, sexism, ableism, .....-, trans-, intersex-phobia, and econ justice are scientific issues.”
Uh..............can someone translate that hyperbolic gobbledygook?

So, that is why we don't understand what a scientist is. We don't even understand what science is.

Well, thanks for clearing that up, for us.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I love it, when the fascists eat their own.

http://www.dailywire.com/news/15053/march-science-bill-nye-science-guy-take-back-seat-hank-berrien

Uh, just exactly is a "scientist"? Obviously, not what a lot of us thought it meant.

Uh..............can someone translate that hyperbolic gobbledygook?

So, that is why we don't understand what a scientist is. We don't even understand what science is.

Well, thanks for clearing that up, for us.
Well, they could have invited Ben Carson and solved that whole problem now, couldn't they?

And not in blue font, either.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.