Armond Davis Announces He is Transferring (UPDATE: He's Returning)

yesitsmed23

1st Team
Aug 28, 2008
Huntsville, AL
Re: Armond Davis Announces He is Transferring

Wasn't expecting this one??? Thought he could play about 10-12 minutes a game next year if his shooting improved. Oh well, on to the next one.

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)

Expound plz
You can say that again.:) Enquiring minds want to know!

I love Davis's stroke and always thought the ball was going in whenever it left his hands even though his shooting percentage wasn't that great. He has good footwork and hustles on defense.

There may be room now to bring in graduate transfers and maybe someone at another class level who has some talent.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

You can say that again.:) Enquiring minds want to know!

I love Davis's stroke and always thought the ball was going in whenever it left his hands even though his shooting percentage wasn't that great. He has good footwork and hustles on defense.

There may be room now to bring in graduate transfers and maybe someone at another class level who has some talent.
He's either going off what he's read elsewhere or just an assumption.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La

Modern sports athletes are so fickle. It's so hard to develop any continuity in hoops.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

RTR is right. Sorry, I wasn't clear... I was basically going off on my gut feelings. Ya'll know, I have no insider source or anything like that. I'm saying that I wouldn't be shocked if we get at least 1 or 2 graduate transfer from a team that made NCAA tournament... I have a high expectation that we can get the player we wants. Another thought that popped up in my head is that do we still get one more player for 2017 class now that we have two spots open?

Athens-LA-Tide

All-SEC
Feb 6, 2001
Ptown, OR
www.urbagedesigns.com

First thing I thought when I saw it yesterday is that it opens up a transfer space. This transferring thing is just part of today's game.

Appreciated Davis hard work this year. Good luck to him.....

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005

Coaches have to be able to recruit grad transfers these days.

IF Sexton is a one and done, it will be very important that we are as successful as can be next season to bring some positive attention to the program and keep the ball rolling. A grad transfer that can produce would be a huge help for us.

Being honest, I wish Bola had another year, because he accomplished what he came here to do and was only getting better as the season wore on.

rtr

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)

Speaking of transfers, I know that they would have to sit a year, but.....
http://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...hers-dedric-kj-lawson-transfer-memphis-tigers

Edit: Another article I read said probably an SEC school
Do we have to hire their dad if they sign?
Interesting. One may be declaring for the NBA while the ultimate goal may be the younger brother (Chandler) who is a 10th grader (class of 2019) and the 9th grader who some consider the best player of the brothers.

I'm afraid the father may be a piece of work though.

Bama seems to have a connection with Memphis. Maybe Armond Davis is going there.

Last edited:

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011

That article doesn't make sense. Tubby moved the dad into another job so he could hire his own assistants. But that was against the rules, according to the NCAA. So how did he get hired by the old coach to begin with?

If I'm a coach, I stay as far away from these guys as I can. Even if I don't have to hire pops, I suspect he'd be a major pain to deal with.

marcusroby

1st Team
Jan 7, 2004
auburn,al usa

That article doesn't make sense. Tubby moved the dad into another job so he could hire his own assistants. But that was against the rules, according to the NCAA. So how did he get hired by the old coach to begin with?

If I'm a coach, I stay as far away from these guys as I can. Even if I don't have to hire pops, I suspect he'd be a major pain to deal with.
The article said that the dad was hired as an on court 3rd assistant. The rule allows that hire but not as a "supporting" role ie "whiteboard holder".

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.