Mid-week game @ Troy

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

SECis the best

BamaNation Citizen
Mar 17, 2017
HE will blame someone...just never himself....This aint Louisiana Tech Coach.......of the 20 guys he has coming in, 18 probably cant play in SEC

beatthemtigers

All-American
Jan 4, 2006
HE will blame someone...just never himself....This aint Louisiana Tech Coach.......of the 20 guys he has coming in, 18 probably cant play in SEC
I don't keep up with baseball recruiting, but is this true? I'm sure not liking what this coach has done so far

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
Who else applied for the job other than Goff?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

SECis the best

BamaNation Citizen
Mar 17, 2017
I heard the pitching coach at LSU, top Assistant at Vandy and Head Coach at Tulane (hired at Texas) all inquired, but were not even granted an interview. I am sure there were more. Alabama is a GOOD job, so I would say there were a lot of others....It is hard to believe that the brand of baseball is so much worse with basically the same players. Few exceptions like Burrows, Bramblett. Salem. Im thinking the coach has to shoulder most of the blame

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
I heard the pitching coach at LSU, top Assistant at Vandy and Head Coach at Tulane (hired at Texas) all inquired, but were not even granted an interview. I am sure there were more. Alabama is a GOOD job, so I would say there were a lot of others....It is hard to believe that the brand of baseball is so much worse with basically the same players. Few exceptions like Burrows, Bramblett. Salem. Im thinking the coach has to shoulder most of the blame
Tried to get the East Carolina and Coastal Carolina coach. Also went after the Miss St coach. The Tulane coach turned us down for the TX job. Goff was a last resort. Honestly, with Battle's health issues not sure he was as involved focused on the process vs hiring Avery Johnson. No dig at Battle, just fact

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
I don't keep up with baseball recruiting, but is this true? I'm sure not liking what this coach has done so far
IIRC as soon as Goff was hired two of our in-state commits decommited and went elsewhere (One went to Miss St.) idk how much if any his hiring had to do with that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
iirc the guy at East Carolina wasn't interested, either. Of course, baseball isn't like the other sports and a Coastal Carolina or Fresno State has as good a shot of getting to Omaha as does Alabama.

Just looking at Goff's record this was not a bad hire. And we knew that the talent level wasn't very good. But I also didn't think that it was at a historically low level.

rtr

ptw1961

1st Team
Dec 8, 2011
East Carolina and Coastal Carolina have a "better" shot at Omaha than Bama. It is called Lottery scholarhsips. Coastal won the national title last year- that coach would not consider Bama. And I do not blame him.
iirc the guy at East Carolina wasn't interested, either. Of course, baseball isn't like the other sports and a Coastal Carolina or Fresno State has as good a shot of getting to Omaha as does Alabama.

Just looking at Goff's record this was not a bad hire. And we knew that the talent level wasn't very good. But I also didn't think that it was at a historically low level.

rtr

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Tennessee has lottery scholarships and they haven't had a winning conference record since 2005.

ptw1961

1st Team
Dec 8, 2011
And you can add Georgia to that list. They have been not very good lately. But the schools that fully take advantage- Florida, LSU, South Carolina and Texas A &M will be next to impossible to compete with. Only time that you can is when you have great in state talent that was going to play at Bama no matter what. Think Ross Wilson, the Rutledge kid from Cullman or Mikey White.
Tennessee has lottery scholarships and they haven't had a winning conference record since 2005.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
If so, that makes me sick.

IIRC as soon as Goff was hired two of our in-state commits decommited and went elsewhere (One went to Miss St.) idk how much if any his hiring had to do with that.

It makes sense now if you think about it though.

I never thought I would see Bama baseball so bad.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.