AL man freed from death row after 30 years

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
I hope the prosecutor who tried the case goes to prison for the rest of his life.

http://onlineathens.com/national-news/2015-04-03/alabama-man-freed-after-nearly-30-years-death-row

A man who spent nearly 30 years on Alabama's death row was freed Friday after prosecutors finally acknowledged that the only evidence they had against him couldn't prove he committed the crime.

Ray Hinton, 58, walked out of the Jefferson County Jail in Birmingham and hugged his tearful family members. "Thank you Lord, thank you Jesus said his sister, Darlene Gardner, as she embraced him.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
He's been out for two years now. I only hope at this point he is justly compensated by the state and any shady behavior by the prosecution is punished to the full extent of the law.
You know there's zero chance he's gotten crap. States are awful about admitting they screwed someone's life up like that.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Why did they suspect this man in the first place? What kind of ballistic tests (if any) did they do on his gun t the time? Has there been an improvement in ballistic research that would make testing more accurate?

On the face of it, it does appear the prosecutors and/or the cops screwed up here. If they intentionally withheld evidence or didn't test his gun, someone needs to pay.

I wonder if everyone from back then is even still alive.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.