Game Theead BAMA-Ole Miss game 1

ptw1961

1st Team
Dec 8, 2011
Worst season in over 20 years. Remarkable how bad this team and coaching staff is right now. Bama baseball has dug a deep hole that may take a very long time to dig out of.

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
Worst season in over 20 years. Remarkable how bad this team and coaching staff is right now. Bama baseball has dug a deep hole that may take a very long time to dig out of.
Very bad! Last night Goff could clearly be heard from the stands yelling at the kids with 4 letter words. After the game the kids were not allowed to visit/speak with their parents as they made their way to the bus. They were so kindly given chick-fil-a sandwiches by the dir of ops, Mike Chadwick. Of course Goff could be heard berating him "their better be no ......ned pickles on my sandwich".

Only positive is our assistant AD who handles a lot of the baseball stuff was there taking it all in.... understanding is more than 1 parent/fan/booster had his ear....

HolyCow

3rd Team
Mar 27, 2010
Field of Dreams
I guess some of you guys would or did want to run Saban off for cursing and yelling at players. Do you think if they make it to the Bigs they won't be cursed and yelled at and made to do what they are told? Come on. Also, I hate that we have lost some pitchers to injuries. Just remember who recruited them and their backgrounds. They've been pitching year round and throwing breaking balls years before they made it to the Joe. CGG is trying to win with what he was left. Can anyone say the same injuries would not have happened if Gaspard and staff were still in place? I am giving CGG a chance to get some of his recruits in and get the players he needs to make his system a winner.

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
I guess some of you guys would or did want to run Saban off for cursing and yelling at players. Do you think if they make it to the Bigs they won't be cursed and yelled at and made to do what they are told? Come on. Also, I hate that we have lost some pitchers to injuries. Just remember who recruited them and their backgrounds. They've been pitching year round and throwing breaking balls years before they made it to the Joe. CGG is trying to win with what he was left. Can anyone say the same injuries would not have happened if Gaspard and staff were still in place? I am giving CGG a chance to get some of his recruits in and get the players he needs to make his system a winner.
HUGE difference in doing things in public VS private. Yes, Saban has tirades, yes he swatted AJ on the butt.... However, he had a more proven track record AND I don't ever recall him MF'n a kid on the field....

No way to know on the injuries except I will say this. One of the kids complained of an issue and was basically told to "bleeping pitch" if they wanted to be on the team.

I've said it before, I want the kids and Coach Goff to succeed. Just my personal opinion but, I think the only way he can is if he backs up and realized he inherited a mess and any AD worth a flip will give him 3 or 4 seasons to figure it out. However, he has got to stop the abuse and worrying about whether or not his sandwhich has god damned pickles on it...

WPtider

1st Team
Jan 10, 2006
DC
The Goff is a tyrant banter is wearing as this as the lottery talk. There may be advantages that schools like LSU have but there will never be an execuse for the tide to lose to Troy, Samford etc. they are in our state and frankly the only reason why the kids are playing for those schools instead of Alabama is that they did not have an opportunity to play in Tuscaloosa. My message to our team would be to simply play better or consider transferring. You have to understand his sense of urgency, If we keep losing like we are Goff will likely be gone after next season. Regardless of how you want to frame it College athletics is a results driven entity. Currently we are not getting the results we should be. The players need to play better and the coaches need to coach better. Lets not act like our roster is full of a bunch of victims who would be winning big if only we had a different coach.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
The Goff is a tyrant banter is wearing
But, what if he really is a tyrant?

as this as the lottery talk.
Yep.

There may be advantages that schools like LSU have but there will never be an execuse for the tide to lose to Troy, Samford etc. they are in our state and frankly the only reason why the kids are playing for those schools instead of Alabama is that they did not have an opportunity to play in Tuscaloosa.
A lot of that rests on Mitch Gasphard, the post-season ghost. Yet, we do lose to those teams. Which is why so many of us are going ballistic.

My message to our team would be to simply play better or consider transferring.
OK, but being a horse's butt isn't going to make them play better. If anything, it will make them play worse.

Look, we are not talking about Nick Saban or Bobby Knight. Big difference between pushing players hard (especially when you have demonstrated the ability to win, over a long period of time), and being a jerk, just to show who is in charge, and/or running kids off (just to reinforce you are in charge). Coach Goof has not shown us anything, other than realizing we need a talent infusion.

Well, that takes a lot of genius.

You have to understand his sense of urgency, If we keep losing like we are Goff will likely be gone after next season.
And there is the problem..........................he botches things so bad, he is gone after next season. Two more seasons down the drain.

Then, we hire someone else. And they get two years, to show if they can cut it. If they can't, add two more years. The "two more years" has to end.

Regardless of how you want to frame it College athletics is a results driven entity. Currently we are not getting the results we should be. The players need to play better and the coaches need to coach better. Lets not act like our roster is full of a bunch of victims who would be winning big if only we had a different coach.
No, we never said they would be winning big, or playing much better. Maybe if Coach Goof spent more time teaching the fundamentals, instead of showing he is King Poop of Feces Mountain, then maybe, just maybe, or our kids would play better. No, they wouldn't instantly become winners, but they might stop playing fundamentally unsound baseball.

Sure, none of them could bunt, under Mitch Gasphard. Or get that key hit, in a critical RBI situation. Still, I don't recall them playing so poorly, every game, like they seem to, this season. Seems to me they are much worse, on the whole.

[/rant]

SECis the best

BamaNation Citizen
Mar 17, 2017
I think its time to stop blaming Coach Gaspard. Would rather lose with a guy like him than win with Goof... He is a bad coach and more importantly a bad guy in my opinion

WPtider

1st Team
Jan 10, 2006
DC
My concern with firing the guy after 1 year would be that it would likely make hiring a desirable replacement harder. Who wants to leave a job where they are successful (as any potential candidate would be) to go to a place that just lost 20+ conference games, doesn't have a lot of talent and just fired a guy after 1 season. If I'm a candidate weighing the pro's and con's of a move that's a lot of negatives.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.