China allegedly moving 150K troops to NK border

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
The South Korean news agency speculated that it was in case of a Syrian-style cruise attack. I'm not sure what ground troops can do about that. I don't think we have any thoughts about a land invasion. Lindsey Graham said this morning something to the effect that any US adversary which didn't wake up each morning wondering what Donald Trump was going to do was "crazy." :)

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
The South Korean news agency speculated that it was in case of a Syrian-style cruise attack. I'm not sure what ground troops can do about that. I don't think we have any thoughts about a land invasion. Lindsey Graham said this morning something to the effect that any US adversary which didn't wake up each morning wondering what Donald Trump was going to do was "crazy." :)
Is that domestic or foreign? ;) In Trump's mind there are a lot of domestic US adversaries too.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Is that domestic or foreign? ;) In Trump's mind there are a lot of domestic US adversaries too.
Graham would probably agree that the domestic ones should wake up worried also. Personally, I think that the troops are there to keep millions of Koreans from moving north into China, in the case of total collapse...

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
Maybe the Chinese have moved their troops to send a message to Fat Jun after the meeting with Trump?? Hope springs eternal.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
4 things the Chinese are scared of:

1) the dahlia lama

2) Taiwan

3) Japanese rearmament

4) the leaders of the US and North and South Korea doing something that sets the peninsula ablaze

Last edited:

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
4 things the Chinese are scared of:

1) the dahlia lama

2) Taiwan

3) Japanese rearmament

4) the leaders of the US and North and South Korea doing something that sets the peninsula ablaze
5) a massive wave of starving dirt poor Koreans flooding North

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I know you are taking a more "its Trump's fault" kinda stance with this, but if North Koreans are flooding into China then its just as much China's fault as it is Trump's. Keep in mind that China has drastically changed as a government since 1953 wheras North Korea has not. Yes China is still communist, but China is now more of a cross between a republic and a communist state where they were closer to a Krushchev communist state in 1953. Point is that they have had over 60 years to deal with the Kim rule, but they knew that they were played by the Russians to begin with into partnering with a country they had no intention of having a solid long term relationship with.

I personally think rearming Japan is the best way to go since it puts a considerable amount of stress on China to control the corpse that they were attached with in the Korean War. The Kim rule of NK is far and away worse than practically any tyrant in the Middle East. I think Trump is not helping things, but eventually something has to be done about the Kim rule because they have gotten progressively worse with each ruler. But again I feel pressuring China to take proactive measures works better than us using positioning tactics.IMO

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
I know you are taking a more "its Trump's fault" kinda stance with this, but if North Koreans are flooding into China then its just as much China's fault as it is Trump's. Keep in mind that China has drastically changed as a government since 1953 wheras North Korea has not. Yes China is still communist, but China is now more of a cross between a republic and a communist state where they were closer to a Krushchev communist state in 1953. Point is that they have had over 60 years to deal with the Kim rule, but they knew that they were played by the Russians to begin with into partnering with a country they had no intention of having a solid long term relationship with.

I personally think rearming Japan is the best way to go since it puts a considerable amount of stress on China to control the corpse that they were attached with in the Korean War. The Kim rule of NK is far and away worse than practically any tyrant in the Middle East. I think Trump is not helping things, but eventually something has to be done about the Kim rule because they have gotten progressively worse with each ruler. But again I feel pressuring China to take proactive measures works better than us using positioning tactics.IMO
I didn't and don't blame Trump for North Korea. Not sure where you pulled that from, though I also have no faith that he will handle it well

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
I didn't and don't blame Trump for North Korea. Not sure where you pulled that from, though I also have no faith that he will handle it well
I honestly don't know what the RIGHT way to handle North Korea is. Any move Trump makes to counter NK will likely be viewed dimly in the U.S. If they develop nuclear weapons and we do nothing he will be considered weak. If he tries to face off with Russia AND China to put a leash on NK (hasn't worked to this point) he'll be considered a fool, and if he launches some sort of preemptive strike to disrupt NK's ability to complete their production of nuclear weapons he'll be considered a a warmongering dictator.

This much seems clear. NK has no intention of stopping their pursuit of acquiring a nuclear arsenal. They don't care if their people starve, they don't care that they are being squeezed dry economically. They seem to be single-minded in their pursuit of weapons of war. To what end? Perhaps they perceive war as their only mode of ever being able to truly prosper and they realize they'll never stand a chance of getting their way without warheads to bandy about? Who knows. I can't pretend to empathize with their motivations - they are too foreign a culture and too insulated a society for most to guess why they do what they do. The only thing that seems clear is that they don't give a flip what anyone says or does - they are going to keep developing nuclear weapons.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Just going off of most of what you have been on lately with non religious and non political events, but if you weren't I apologize. But the fact still remains that China is just as much to blame for the situation in NK.

Fwiw aside from point 3 and 4 I was more joking about the fears of China. But they do seem to be very interested in what the dahlia lama does for a government based religion.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.chic...1e7-855e-4824bbb5d748-20170405-story,amp.html

http://m.hindustantimes.com/world-n...d-rebellion/story-zDQ7oFcG4D7UFNdblP3DlK.html

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I honestly don't know what the RIGHT way to handle North Korea is. Any move Trump makes to counter NK will likely be viewed dimly in the U.S. If they develop nuclear weapons and we do nothing he will be considered weak. If he tries to face off with Russia AND China to put a leash on NK (hasn't worked to this point) he'll be considered a fool, and if he launches some sort of preemptive strike to disrupt NK's ability to complete their production of nuclear weapons he'll be considered a a warmongering dictator.

This much seems clear. NK has no intention of stopping their pursuit of acquiring a nuclear arsenal. They don't care if their people starve, they don't care that they are being squeezed dry economically. They seem to be single-minded in their pursuit of weapons of war. To what end? Perhaps they perceive war as their only mode of ever being able to truly prosper and they realize they'll never stand a chance of getting their way without warheads to bandy about? Who knows. I can't pretend to empathize with their motivations - they are too foreign a culture and too insulated a society for most to guess why they do what they do. The only thing that seems clear is that they don't give a flip what anyone says or does - they are going to keep developing nuclear weapons.
Discussing the possible rearming Japan or making Japan a nuclear power would really make a great conversation starter about what to do.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

They are the sole country with nukes that I believe could actually use them, in some sort of Götterdämmerung...

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
They are the sole country with nukes that I believe could actually use them, in some sort of Götterdämmerung...
I could see Pakistan and India using them on each other. But every other power except NK would most likely only do it due to invasion or as a last result.

Last edited:

chanson78

All-American
Nov 1, 2005
Huntsville, AL
It's really too bad that the Chinese have no experience building something that can keep a bunch of bad guys from moving across certain stretches of land. It would have to be Great. I guess they could look to Trump for inspiration in how he is handling the Mexico situation.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
It's really too bad that the Chinese have no experience building something that can keep a bunch of bad guys from moving across certain stretches of land. It would have to be Great. I guess they could look to Trump for inspiration in how he is handling the Mexico situation.
Maybe we just need to move 150K troops to the Southern border and use another 250K or so and sweep each major city for illegal immigrants and expired visas.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
Discussing the possible rearming Japan or making Japan a nuclear power would really make a great conversation starter about what to do.
I saw that you posted this earlier and almost responded. While I like the short term benefits of that idea, I'm not sure it would play out well over the long term. Does Japan even want to be re-armed? Genuinely asking. Additionally I feel it could have the opposite effect and cause China to desire even more fervently to prop up North Korea in order to retain an ally in the region. I think that pushes them into a corner.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.