Dez Bryant "Controversial" comments on race relations

bamachile

Hall of Fame
Jul 27, 2007
Oakdale, Louisiana
He isn't saying anything I didn't already hear from my old neighbors in my previous home. I lived in a predominantly black middle class neighborhood there. The black middle class is largely ignored by much of the media.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
He isn't saying anything I didn't already hear from my old neighbors in my previous home. I lived in a predominantly black middle class neighborhood there. The black middle class is largely ignored by much of the media.
Because they aren't "controversial."

They are just ordinary, every day people who want to go to work, raise their families in a safe environment and enjoy life as much as they can. That just doesn't create media buzz.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
My wife has taught school going on almost 20 years. She has taught in predominantly black schools, white schools and now she teaches at a school for the talented and gifted. One of the things she's learned over the years is there is a very big portion of the black community that frowns upon being educated, because it is seen as "being too white". Black kids whose parents are involved in their child's lives and are trying to educate them are often times made fun of by others in their community for trying to "be white". Sounds stupid and absolutely insane doesn't it? But it's true. Some of the stories my wife told me when she taught at the neighborhood black school early in her career is absolutely mind numbing. The only thing I could compare it to would be like having a life threatening illness and refusing to take the medicine that will make you better, because white people take the same medicine. Absolutely mind numbing thought process. But it is very prevalent in large segments of the black community.

In our previous neighborhood one of our neighbors was an older black couple who both had college degrees with masters. Very educated and successful people. He told me on more than one occasion that he and his wife quit visiting their old neighborhood and friends years ago. They were made fun of and accused of being "Uncle Toms" simply because they were educated, had successful jobs and lived in a nice neighborhood.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I bet if your friends had been rap stars and lived in the same place their old friends would have welcomed them with open arms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed
Someone at work called this, "Racial cannibalism." He described it as one race eating it's own for independent thought instead of staying with the hive line of thinking. Trying to live a better and safer life does not make one "be white." Those blacks (people like Khogali, who is as vile of a person of any race as a person can get) who make fun of blacks trying to live a better life, are blacks I want nothing to do with, as they are barely above cockroach level. So this goes with what Sage Steele said in that the worst racism she has faced is from the "black community." So kudos to Dez for independent thought and straying from the hive mind.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
The black middle class is largely ignored by much of the media.
Because they aren't "controversial."

They are just ordinary, every day people who want to go to work, raise their families in a safe environment and enjoy life as much as they can. That just doesn't create media buzz.
Without those people I woulda never found out about the leprechaun hiding in Mobile.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.