Politics: I'm sorry

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
I don't like his rantings in twitter but going to wait and see what happens on his governing.

He's not a politician and some of the problems he has had is from lack of experience in politics.

Jury is still out for me....
What flavor was that Kool-Aid? Cause it must have been reeeeaaaalllyyyy good. :)

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
Honestly, Eric Trump is such a blithering idiot I'd be surprised if he could reason his way out of a paper bag.
I mean... Exhibit A:

The Onion said:
“Based on intelligence we have received over the past several hours, the attack on the al-Shayrat air base in Homs has successfully eliminated all discussions and allegations about my administration’s ties to the Russian government,” said Trump, adding that at approximately 4:40 a.m. local time, 59 Tomahawk cruise missiles fired from U.S. naval ships obliterated all traces of the widespread controversy in news outlets across the media.
Eric Trump said:
“If there was anything that Syria did, it was to validate the fact that there is no Russia tie,” Trump told The Telegraph.
Link

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Quote Originally Posted by Eric Trump
“If there was anything that Syria did, it was to validate the fact that there is no Russia tie,” Trump told The Telegraph.
Just ran out to pick up lunch and heard Rush Limbaugh say the same thing nearly word for word also while claiming since there hasn't been a huge new revelation the past 72 hours on this front that it means it was all made up by the "drive by media"

it may sound stupid to us, but that's because we don't eat at that trough daily.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Not directed at you, DBF, but I was listening to the Michael Savage radio show yesterday while traveling. It's the only show I can pick up while traveling in north Alabama. Anyway, I'm sure you all know Savage. I listen for enterainment purposes mostly, with all of the loony stuff he spouts. The guy was hardcore Trump leading up to the election. Now, that more and more has come out about Syria he has done a hard left turn. He kept asking why would Trump do this? Why would he change his position in a matter of a few days?

It was hard not to scream at the radio. This is who Trump is. A lot of folks tried to say so before the election.

bama2112

All-American
Nov 19, 2006
Cobb County, Ga.
I'll be the first to openly admit that I'm sorry I voted for Trump. I bought his shtick hook, line and sinker. Maybe it was a frustration vote because I knew what Hillary would bring, but for the love of Pete, dude, get off twitter, kick out your daughter and son-in-law, quit playing to the emotions of your daughter, stay in DC and work with Congress and solve some of the issues plaguing our country whether it be immigration reform, debt, jobs, national security issues, etc., but quit being a blow hard and get to work. Dammit man, you're acting like a complete and utter fool (ok, I am too for throwing my lot with you).

I'm seriously to the point of no longer voting because I honestly don't think it matters any longer.

I keep hoping to see some improvement, but his late night tirades on twitter are worrisome to say the least.
Well I totally feel your pain and frustration, yet we need to realize this is a steep learning curve for someone who was a CEO and what he said was the law. For the past 8 years I keep myself as far away from barry as I could. Now I feel a big relief that he is gone and we do have a reason to be optimistic about the future.

I hate some of his tweets and his tirade of rants. But I am not giving up on the future. I didnt like him worth a flip. If he would show some charm and restraint I think he might win the people on the fence over. No matter what he does , the democratic nation thinks he stole election from Hillary, with the help of the Russians. Until that is put to rest they will oppose him trying to buy a pack of gum. It totally non filter Hate for the man. He has to run his presidency for the betterment of the citizens of the US.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I didn't vote for him and I'm legitimately kind of sad that his "new right" look immediately was proven false. He's just another neocon military interventionist and trickle-down economist.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
Well I totally feel your pain and frustration, yet we need to realize this is a steep learning curve for someone who was a CEO and what he said was the law.
I'm not saying you said it previously but I do find it funny that before the election this was supposedly his strongest asset and now it has become an excuse for his daily failings.

The problem is that he can't just slap a Chapter 13 on the government when it doesn't go his way like so many of his business ventures.

sabanball

All-American
Jan 4, 2006
High Cotton
I'll be the first to openly admit that I'm sorry I voted for Trump. I bought his shtick hook, line and sinker. Maybe it was a frustration vote because I knew what Hillary would bring, but for the love of Pete, dude, get off twitter, kick out your daughter and son-in-law, quit playing to the emotions of your daughter, stay in DC and work with Congress and solve some of the issues plaguing our country whether it be immigration reform, debt, jobs, national security issues, etc., but quit being a blow hard and get to work. Dammit man, you're acting like a complete and utter fool (ok, I am too for throwing my lot with you).

I'm seriously to the point of no longer voting because I honestly don't think it matters any longer.

I keep hoping to see some improvement, but his late night tirades on twitter are worrisome to say the least.
why do you hate America komrade?

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I'm not saying you said it previously but I do find it funny that before the election this was supposedly his strongest asset and now it has become an excuse for his daily failings.

The problem is that he can't just slap a Chapter 13 on the government when it doesn't go his way like so many of his business ventures.
part of the ongoing fallacy that government should be run more like a business

rjtide

1st Team
Dec 15, 1999
AL
part of the ongoing fallacy that government should be run more like a business
problem is so many govt agencies exist for the sake of existing (HUD, NEA, epa to a certain extent, irs to an extent) and promulgating more and more rules as time goes on. the bureaucracy becomes its own self sustaining and ever growing machine. at my expense and i pay enough in taxes. not condoning trump's ineptitude per se with this post.....just commenting on the essence of a federal bureaucracy

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
It's like a football game with 4 quarters.

We're not even through the first quarter yet.

How many times on game threads do we see folks pulling their hair out prematurely....and then ultimately we win the game?

Let's revisit this thread at halftime..... we'll see where we are. ;)
Seems like he's fumbled 4 times, punted twice and thrown a couple of picks all on the opening drive if that was ever possible.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
It's like a football game with 4 quarters.

We're not even through the first quarter yet.

How many times on game threads do we see folks pulling their hair out prematurely....and then ultimately we win the game?

Let's revisit this thread at halftime..... we'll see where we are. ;)
Unfortunately if the football team was playing golf for 12 of the first 15 minutes I'm pretty sure we wouldn't pull out the victory.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.