Politics: I'm sorry

MobileCrimson

1st Team
Feb 27, 2014
I think all of our votes are utterly meaningless regardless. I'm at the point that I believe the powers that be will manipulate the election anyway they want.
The powers that be had Hillary penciled in. They now resort to blaming the Russians.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
In the end, I voted for Johnson, although I realized what a futile vote that was in Alabama. I was rabidly anti-Trump. I still am. My feelings were based on a deep belief that he was incompetent, thoroughly dishonest and corrupt, on a level seldom approached since the likes of Huey Long, Boss Tweed, etc. I realized after thirty days that I will vote for Beelzebub, if he makes the ballot, over him in the future. Displaced is a man, with man-sized gonads...
I came to this conclusion at the ..... grab.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I voted Trump instead of Hillary or the Kook. I sleep well at night and have no particular worries. Do I wish Trump would be more thoughtful in his use of Twitter? Yes. Can others seem more presidential in public? Yes. Am I a fan of Trump? No. But I'm not going to throw a hissy fit over every incident of political indecency. I rest much more easily in 2017.
With what's happened so far, I don't even know what to say to that, so I won't...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
What's your view on Neil Gorsuch vs. whoever Hillary would have put up?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Being no mind-reader, I have no idea who she may have put up other than Garland, who is, IMO, who she would have almost certainly nominated. I think they are both good men and good judges and I don't think their decisions will be nearly so far apart as some partisans have imagined. In fact, I look for surprises to those same partisans...

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
I'll be the first to openly admit that I'm sorry I voted for Trump. I bought his shtick hook, line and sinker. Maybe it was a frustration vote because I knew what Hillary would bring, but for the love of Pete, dude, get off twitter, kick out your daughter and son-in-law, quit playing to the emotions of your daughter, stay in DC and work with Congress and solve some of the issues plaguing our country whether it be immigration reform, debt, jobs, national security issues, etc., but quit being a blow hard and get to work. Dammit man, you're acting like a complete and utter fool (ok, I am too for throwing my lot with you).

I'm seriously to the point of no longer voting because I honestly don't think it matters any longer.

I keep hoping to see some improvement, but his late night tirades on twitter are worrisome to say the least.
Well said, DBF.

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
Well, there was no way in hell I was voting for Hillary. And sorry, a vote for Johnson, was in effect just a vote for Hillary. I know, I know, those who did can "look themselves in the face in the mirror each morning." I understand that. I just didn't want to stare into my mirror and see President Hillary looking back at me cackling and saying, "Thank you!"

Will Trump's presidency be a disaster? I don't think so, but it's possible. We shall see. The Gorsuch appointment looks to be a excellent one. One the other hand, I feel certain a Hillary presidency, and the resulting continued slide to the left, would have been disastrous for this country.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Well I voted for Nick Saban, my conscience would've been totally clear had we won the title, but still he was better qualified than all of the morons running.😉

If there is one positive of trump winning it is that it shows politicians people are willing to vote for a cult of personality when they feel disinfranchised. Bernie sorta proved that on the other side as well

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
Well, there was no way in hell I was voting for Hillary. And sorry, a vote for Johnson, was in effect just a vote for Hillary. I know, I know, those who did can "look themselves in the face in the mirror each morning." I understand that. I just didn't want to stare into my mirror and see President Hillary looking back at me cackling and saying, "Thank you!"

Will Trump's presidency be a disaster? I don't think so, but it's possible. We shall see. The Gorsuch appointment looks to be a excellent one. One the other hand, I feel certain a Hillary presidency, and the resulting continued slide to the left, would have been disastrous for this country.
How was it "just a vote for Hillary" anymore than it was "just a vote for the Donald"?:conf2:

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Being no mind-reader, I have no idea who she may have put up other than Garland, who is, IMO, who she would have almost certainly nominated. I think they are both good men and good judges and I don't think their decisions will be nearly so far apart as some partisans have imagined. In fact, I look for surprises to those same partisans...

And isn't this the REALITY of it all?

Presidents themselves are often surprised by how those they appoint rule. Did anyone think John Roberts would endorse Obamacare as the law of the land? Or that SEVEN (not the 5 erroneously thought) of the nine would actually buy the argument that different counting in different counties in Florida constituted an Equal Protection Clause violation? (I know you know this, Earle, but the five was for the REMEDY not the notion of it being a violation - most folks never
grasped that when they objected to it).

I'm still stunned by that one.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Don't beat yourself up DBF. In my worldly 66 years, I've never seen someone whose job performance diverges so wildly from their campaign promises. Either mentally deranged or a consummate liar.

He can't be the first, but my memory isn't what it was, 30 years ago.

Anyway...................it is the latter. Never expected him to do ANYTHING that he said he would do. (Tried to tell folks who were drinking the Kool-aid, but none believed me. Put Mrs. C. at the top of that list. At one point, she got so mad that she stated that she would never voice opinion, again, ever. Well, it didn't last. Just like Drumpf's promises!)

Pleasantly surprised he really did pick someone, on his list, to be on the SCOTUS. Hate to see who he picks the next time. (It will happen.)

Probably his sister. Nepotism does seem to be SOP, in his regime.

Anyway....................counting the days until he boots Bannon. Won't miss Preibus. Dreading what liberal NYC demonrat he puts in his place. (And probably has ties to Goldman Sachs.)

Still don't understand why anyone expected a guy who spends all his time with liberal NYC demonrats, to change his stripes. Just because he pulled off a hostile takeover, of the republicant party. The irony is he helped Prius to ram through rules that will make it near impossible for another outsider to prevail, in the republicant primary. Which, in the end, will assure us of more uniparty schmucks.

BTW, the mentally deranged one was the one the other party ran. Not to mention crook, and power-hungry fascist. (Who also ok'ed the sale of the company that owns 20% of our uranium reserve to an outfit run by Putin. And we are supposed to believe he wanted her to lose.)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.