Politics: I'm sorry

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I had a secretary from Sylvania for about 20 years. She once said she hated being from Sand Mountain. I asked why and she said "Because you don't never get it out of your speech." (She wrote perfect English and had a master's in psychology.) My mother had mostly dropped it, but, occasionally, when I returned home, I'd say "You been hanging out with your sisters again?" :D
my dad was a grammar (and pronunciation) nerd and raised us that way, but 30+ years of living there caught up with him ;)

i don't have much of an accent, but when i get back there, it starts creeping up.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
my dad was a grammar (and pronunciation) nerd and raised us that way, but 30+ years of living there caught up with him ;)

i don't have much of an accent, but when i get back there, it starts creeping up.
For Sand Mountain, think "mahring," and you'll get the misspelling... :)

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
there's some good boating on sand mountain. got several runs on the little river (not the suicide section) and not long before i stopped boating, i got to run south sauty
I've just run the upper two, with S. Sauty and, get this, Town Creek at 2500. That was a rush, or, more accurately, "flush." :D

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
the south sauty was a hoot. solid class 3-4 creek boating and it's a beautiful creek
It is indeed, as is Town Creek. Town Creek, at Ocoee-volume water was 6, all the way down. That was back when I didn't feel totally alive unless I were an millimeter from death. I was a bad adrenaline junkie...

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
It is indeed, as is Town Creek. Town Creek, at Ocoee-volume water was 6, all the way down. That was back when I didn't feel totally alive unless I were an millimeter from death. I was a bad adrenaline junkie...
we always used to get a kick out of listening to the gauge goddess' accent when saying "town creek at geraldine."

(the old usgs gauge hotline, my friend still remembers the number)

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
we always used to get a kick out of listening to the gauge goddess' accent when saying "town creek at geraldine."

(the old usgs gauge hotline, my friend still remembers the number)
I once ran Sock-em-Dog at 2.75 and rising. Dumbest thing I ever did... :)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.