How should Tide QBS Jalen, Tua and/or Mac Be Used in 2017?

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
Based solely on what we know and have heard...so not much. Mac needs a RS to develop (size and skill), Tua would only need one to put an extra year between he and hurts.

in that case you RS Mac so that when he does play hes physically capable of taking hits from SEC defenders, and allow him time to adjust to the speed of the game.

You play Tua as a backup to Jalen. still leaves a year of separation between the two and with our coaching staff's ability to recruit, why worry about it. It sounds like Tua will be able to develop more by getting live game action and maybe be able to move our offense in those mop up duties in games.

Id also like to see whoever relieves Jalen, get in earlier in games, and maybe more often. Jalen will be the straw that stirs this offense and I'd love to make sure hes not beaten to a pulp by mid season taking hits he doesn't need to be in the game for. Not to mention the benefit of getting a backup reps with first team talent.

I personally think Jalen got a little worn down by seasons end and had taken a few too many big hits with no real backup to take meaningful snaps and relieve him and we just didnt get the full reports on his injuries. I also think he had a big drop off in performance once the transfer of Barnett was official and the looming transfers of the next two backups was announced. I think the presence of Tua helps push Jalen to perform at his best

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.