HaHa back in T-town getting his degree

TIDEnGA

All-American
Sep 25, 2007
Opelika, AL
I've seen those tweets, funny. :)

He and Derrick Henry were at practice two weeks ago when I was there. Rare is the day when there are no supastars at practice. RTR!

CrimsonSEC

Hall of Fame
Jan 8, 2007
Brewton
This is sad because when would be a good time for these guys to go back to finish their degree? Fall is out, summer is out, I guess they should do it on-line or something. Good for Derrick working toward his degree.
I think this statement was made right after he didn't show up for the voluntary workouts and no one with the the Titans knew why or where he was. While it's wonderful that he's going to get his degree, I think it was a mistake not to let his employer know what was going on. Live and learn.

bamagradinATL

All-American
Sep 12, 2006
McKinney, TX
NFL RB careers average 3.3 years. Good for Henry for going back to work on his degree. A voluntary workout is voluntary. I didn't really like the tone of the Titans player nor the coach.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
I think this statement was made right after he didn't show up for the voluntary workouts and no one with the the Titans knew why or where he was. While it's wonderful that he's going to get his degree, I think it was a mistake not to let his employer know what was going on. Live and learn.
Yeah, he probably does need to communicate where he is to his employer a little better.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I don't know. These workouts are supposed to be strictly voluntary. Supposedly it is a big deal that players do not have to show up. If you don't have to show up, you don't have to show up. Period.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I don't know. These workouts are supposed to be strictly voluntary. Supposedly it is a big deal that players do not have to show up. If you don't have to show up, you don't have to show up. Period.
This is true, but some teams/coaches have a history of expectations with respect these workouts. Some literally don't care, others care but don't say or do anything, while there are suggestions that a few seem to play favorites based on things like this. Tom Coughlin is an example of a head coach who did not like to have any of his players missing. Some still did their own thing, but reports are that he treated them differently for that choice.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Usually teams know if a guy is working on finishing up his degree, so they are more understanding of it. Plus, the player is on his former campus, which means he's near a facility where he can do some of the workouts. It's one thing for a guy to miss the workouts solely because they're "voluntary."

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
The "volunteer" part of it is in name only. You are expected to be there. I'm sure this is the expectation at Bama also.
Except that it's not, and the NFL has come out pretty strongly saying so, if I'm not terribly mistaken. I get it though, a lot of these coaches are old school and all that, and that culture permeates throughout the league.

I think it's stupid, but that's just me.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.