Warrant Issued for Deionte Thompson's Arrest (Update on Page 5) - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Warrant Issued for Deionte Thompson's Arrest

I saw this article this morning ... waiting for the full details on this one

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American bamagradinATL's Avatar

Not well versed in the penal system, just curious why the term "fugitive from justice" is used.

Quote Originally Posted by bamagradinATL View Post
    Not well versed in the penal system, just curious why the term "fugitive from justice" is used.
    I think its only because he left Texas when he had a warrant out on him. Not saying he knew about the warrant before he left, its just the fact that he crossed state lines with a warrant on him

BamaNation Hall of Fame 230kv_barehand's Avatar

I wonder if the Dad is trying to hint he was maybe in Alabama the whole time? You never know these days.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Tidewater's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 230kv_barehand View Post
    I wonder if the Dad is trying to hint he was maybe in Alabama the whole time? You never know these days.
    What I got from the father's comments was that whatever happened was due to his son being a football player at Alabama (maybe an Aggie decided to start something? Maybe a still-butt-hurt-Longhorn?).
    This is complete conjecture, though.
    If Thompson can prove he was in Alabama when this assault happened, then great. Release that info ASAP to clear Thompson's name.

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

If he was in Alabama, given the time lapse between the incident and the arrest, I doubt that he would have been arrested at all.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Displaced Bama Fan's Avatar

Hopefully he gets this cleared up.

BamaNation All-American

I agree with those who think his dad was implying the whole thing happened because of the Alabama connection, not that his alibi is that he was in another state at the time.

I've been friends with football players at both the college and NFL levels and apparently there is just a class of chuckleheads wherever you go that think it is funny to try to provoke a fight if they recognize you as a player. Alcohol is almost always a contributing factor. Sometimes with the pro guys there is an ulterior motive.

I hope he is able to get this straightened out quickly.
    Roll Tide

Well it appears to me that whoever advised him to turn himself in at Tuscaloosa gave him some very bad advice. If he had drove back to where the warrant was issued he could have very likely been out on bail in a day or so depending on when he could see a judge. As it is he could sit in jail in Tuscaloosa several weeks before he is transfer back to where the warrant was issued.

Quote Originally Posted by bodiddle View Post
    Well it appears to me that whoever advised him to turn himself in at Tuscaloosa gave him some very bad advice. If he had drove back to where the warrant was issued he could have very likely been out on bail in a day or so depending on when he could see a judge. As it is he could sit in jail in Tuscaloosa several weeks before he is transfer back to where the warrant was issued.
    According to the Tuscaloosa County Sheriff's website, he's already out of jail. There's no record of him being there.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    According to the Tuscaloosa County Sheriff's website, he's already out of jail. There's no record of him being there.
    Sure glad to hear that.

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    So he never was in jail...?

BamaNation All-American Snuffy Smith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NoNC4Tubs View Post
    So he never was in jail...?
    He's a ghost.