Warrant Issued for Deionte Thompson's Arrest (Update on Page 5) - Page 4
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Re: Warrant Issued for Deionte Thompson's Arrest

Well, That's not good... anytime it includes violence and such... there's a chance Saban will kick him off the team, but let's hope it doesn't happen...
    We are champions. We can prove it! *counting 15 championships*

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American Snuffy Smith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JustNeedMe81 View Post
    Well, That's not good... anytime it includes violence and such... there's a chance Saban will kick him off the team, but let's hope it doesn't happen...
    If there is a clear video of that happening - then he is probably gone. I will reserve judgement until Saban sees that video and makes his decision. Last off season with Cam and Hootie - a lot of what was supposed "evidence" turned out to be not what it was reported to be.
    Last edited by Snuffy Smith; April 20th, 2017 at 02:24 PM.

BamaNation Hall of Fame CajunCrimson's Avatar

Yeah - I'm guessing we just opened up another scholarship for next year.
    Doc Holliday: [to Johnny Ringo, after shooting him in a duel] You're no daisy! You're no daisy at all. Poor soul, you were just too high strung

Quote Originally Posted by Snuffy Smith View Post
    If there is a clear video of that happening - then he is probably gone. I will reserve judgement until Saban sees that video and makes his decision. Last off season with Cam and Hootie - a lot of what was supposed "evidence" turned out to be not what it was reported to be.
    To be fair.. that was drug/gun incident.... this one is more of violence incident.
    We are champions. We can prove it! *counting 15 championships*

I guess what isn't clear to me (and maybe I'm missing it) is whether or not witnesses are confirming that, yes indeed, it was Deionte. The a the article reads it that the initial altercation was between a former high school teammate and the victim. Two others, one wearing a white Alabama hat, then began kicking him in the head once he was on the ground. I would like to believe they have a positive ID before charging him, but the article doesn't seem to state that as a fact. Or are the making the charges based on the how the suspect(s) were dressed on the video and the association with the primary suspect?

Then again, I'm old and could be missing it.
    Last edited by CB4; April 20th, 2017 at 03:39 PM.
    "A politician is a person that can smoke a cigar, down a shot of bourbon, kiss a baby, and talk out of both sides of their mouth all at the same time."

FB | BB Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    Yeah, this doesn't look good. Racial slurs are not going to get you out of a battery charge when you are kicking a defenseless man on the ground. Let's hope that there is more to this.
    You're not wrong but I'm not going to feel sorry for the guy. The legal system will do what it does but I doubt he ever pops off his mouth like that again.
    I owe it to the people to have a signature...so here goes nothing!

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rgw View Post
    You're not wrong but I'm not going to feel sorry for the guy. The legal system will do what it does but I doubt he ever pops off his mouth like that again.

Agreed - consequences for everyone involved, and lessons learned.

FB | BB Moderator

Deionte is probably going to get the worst of it. May lose a scholarship and the pro prospects for people who lose their scholarship is much lower than those who don't...could change his whole life trajectory when if I found my kid said what the victim is alleged I wouldn't let him press charges if he wants to continue using my last name.

Granted I don't have a kid but I don't see my mind changing on this: some of the problems in this world is because parents don't let their kids suffer the consequences of their actions anymore. If my kid went looking for a buttkicking and got it in spades then I'm gonna let him simmer on it.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

I have not heard what the victim was allegedly to have said other than a "racial slur" and I don't know what else was going on prior to the punch. So far, I don't see anything that justifies a buttkicking but who knows?

BamaNation All-American

The precedent maybe set with how the williams-harris situation was handled. I fear if he can't get this pled down to a misdemeanor he may be gone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Saban provided an update on Deionte today at his charity's golf tournament...

But Saban said nothing ever came about from Thompson’s off-field incident, when he spoke at his annual Nick’s Kids Golf Tournament at Old Overton Club on Thursday morning.

“As far as I know, there’s never been any charges and nothing’s really ever happened that -- it seemed like a lot of nothing with everything we can find out about,” Saban said.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

FB | BB Moderator

Making assumption here but sounds like it was a "you file charges then I'm filing charges too" and everybody went about their day after that...

Imagine that this kid will file a civil suit when he's drafted in a few years.

BamaNation Hall of Fame uafan4life's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rgw View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    Agreed - consequences for everyone involved, and lessons learned.
    In my experience, people that will pop off racial slurs and such like that in public aren't the type of people who actually learn those lessons.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    I have yet to figure out why common sense and common courtesy are called common.
    - Unknown

Tradition is always under construction.
    - Nick Saban