Warrant Issued for Deionte Thompson's Arrest (Update on Page 8 - Case Dismissed)

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Re: Warrant Issued for Deionte Thompson's Arrest (Update on Page 5)

Nope. Aaron Stuttles said that nothing will come out of this and this was something that should never happened in first place.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al

I tend to agree with Aaron that this wont go anywhere from what has been reported. Hopefully that holds true.

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama

A grand jury could indict a ham sandwich for murder. I have faith in his attorney and the system. If Saban thought there was something to this, he wouldn't be playing.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

I have some opinions on why I think this has not gone away despite the Thompson family being adamant that there is nothing true about the charges against their son. I just haven't trumpeted them too much because I don't have all the facts.

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL

I have a white Alabama hat. Thank goodness I have never been to Crystal Beach. If the statements by DT’s legal team are true the whole case seems to be built on some pretty flimsy evidence.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

I have a white Alabama hat. Thank goodness I have never been to Crystal Beach. If the statements by DT’s legal team are true the whole case seems to be built on some pretty flimsy evidence.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
And if that is all they've got and the alleged has a lawyer, it is idiotic for the DA to be pushing this case which will undoubtedly lower his conviction rate. This is why I think this smacks of "extraction of 1 lb of flesh." Perhaps the DA or somebody in the criminal justice system there is mad that Thompson went out of state or maybe just doesn't like his family. I'm not sure about all that but this is certainly going to lower the DA's stats so he's doing it for reasons beyond serving his career's best interest in any normal sense.

Last edited:

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa

We can debate the merits of the indictment until we're blue.

The fact remains that Thompson has been legally indicted for a felony assault, a violent crime by any definition.

I don't know how you play him until this is resolved, and then only if it is resolved in Thompson's favor.

Of course, I was member of a small minority (not a minority of one, but close to it) that advocated against DJ Pettway's re-admission to school, let alone receive a free education.

If I'm back in that boat again, I'm fine with it.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.