Warrant Issued for Deionte Thompson's Arrest (Update on Page 8 - Case Dismissed)

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Re: Warrant Issued for Deionte Thompson's Arrest

Yep. He could've assaulted a guy or just been with the guy or guys who did it. We shall see. Rather odd that it took a month for warrants to be put out...gotta figure the victim or his friends knew who did it.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

Last time we had a thread like this... it went haywire... I"m thinking maybe we need to wait few days and see how it plays out.

His Father tweeted this out :

Replying to @CecilHurt @BryantDenny_UA
I understand that journalists have a job to do. Just wait until you hear the truth. Trust me, the key word in the case is ALABAMA

deltatider

1st Team
Nov 29, 2005

Last time we had a thread like this... it went haywire... I"m thinking maybe we need to wait few days and see how it plays out.

His Father tweeted this out :

Replying to @CecilHurt @BryantDenny_UA
I understand that journalists have a job to do. Just wait until you hear the truth. Trust me, the key word in the case is ALABAMA
Is he saying that the only reason this is a story is because an Alabama player has his name involved?

LSUgrad2BamaDad

All-SEC
May 5, 2016
Destrehan, LA

Yeah, I wonder what he`s trying to say?
Perhaps he's trying to say that he was singled out because he is an Alabama football player. I just hate hearing stories like this from any team.

On another note, I read last night on my Alabama parent's Facebook page that the dorms at Alabama (mostly freshman now, they are required to live on campus) were "raided" by police with drug sniffing dogs and several arrests were made. I texted my son and the response I got was "we're fine, rumors were spreading like crazy". It was late, I didn't ask follow up questions. He's coming home this weekend for Easter And I'll ask him more about it, but several parents commented their kids had friends arrested. Point is, it's not just football players being expected to obey the law.

Last edited:

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015

Apparently being classified as aggravated assault

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa

I've been premature on this sort of thing in the past, and am trying not to repeat past mistakes.

The time from the incident to the arrest is interesting, though. Could mean they don't have much evidence and are casting a wide net to try to get some. Could mean they did a thorough investigation and have all their ducks lined up. Could mean something else. Could mean nothing.

Let's wait for the facts to come out.

TIDEnGA

All-American
Sep 25, 2007
Opelika, AL

I hate to hear about any of these type stories, but this one seems a little more personal.

I sat with his parents at the Arkansas game, and they were SO nice. They were so proud of their son. They were so thankful to be there to support him. I can only imagine how they're feeling now. Football player or not I hope justice is served, but I also hope Deionte isn't involved for their sake. And from parent to parent.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Nick Saban issues statement on Deionte Thompson situation

"We are still in the process of gathering all of the facts in Deionte’s situation," Saban said in a statement. "He has been excused today to cooperate with law enforcement in this matter. Once we have a better understanding of what happened, we will make a determination as to what needs to be done in terms of the appropriate course of action moving forward."

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014

I saw this article this morning ... waiting for the full details on this one

bamagradinATL

All-American
Sep 12, 2006
McKinney, TX

Not well versed in the penal system, just curious why the term "fugitive from justice" is used.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014

Not well versed in the penal system, just curious why the term "fugitive from justice" is used.
I think its only because he left Texas when he had a warrant out on him. Not saying he knew about the warrant before he left, its just the fact that he crossed state lines with a warrant on him

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama

I wonder if the Dad is trying to hint he was maybe in Alabama the whole time? You never know these days.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.

I wonder if the Dad is trying to hint he was maybe in Alabama the whole time? You never know these days.
What I got from the father's comments was that whatever happened was due to his son being a football player at Alabama (maybe an Aggie decided to start something? Maybe a still-butt-hurt-Longhorn?).
This is complete conjecture, though.
If Thompson can prove he was in Alabama when this assault happened, then great. Release that info ASAP to clear Thompson's name.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

If he was in Alabama, given the time lapse between the incident and the arrest, I doubt that he would have been arrested at all.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.