Warrant Issued for Deionte Thompson's Arrest (Update on Page 5)
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Warrant Issued for Deionte Thompson's Arrest (Update on Page 5)

Was involved in an incident during spring break, doesn't sound good but I'm sure all the facts aren't out yet.

http://www.12newsnow.com/mb/news/loc...rawl/431124250
    "Well, this is the second time this season now that Florida has found itself trailing in a ballgame, they were down 7-0 against Kentucky. There are few truths in an uncertain world but here's one, this ain't Kentucky!" - Verne Lundquist

2. Advertisement
    Football and Basketball Moderator

Re: Warrant Issued for Deionte Thompson's Arrest

Yep. He could've assaulted a guy or just been with the guy or guys who did it. We shall see. Rather odd that it took a month for warrants to be put out...gotta figure the victim or his friends knew who did it.
    I owe it to the people to have a signature...so here goes nothing!

From his dad:

Last time we had a thread like this... it went haywire... I"m thinking maybe we need to wait few days and see how it plays out.

His Father tweeted this out :

Replying to @CecilHurt @BryantDenny_UA
    I understand that journalists have a job to do. Just wait until you hear the truth. Trust me, the key word in the case is ALABAMA
    We are champions. We can prove it! *counting 15 championships*

Quote Originally Posted by JustNeedMe81 View Post
    Last time we had a thread like this... it went haywire... I"m thinking maybe we need to wait few days and see how it plays out.

His Father tweeted this out :

Replying to @CecilHurt @BryantDenny_UA
    I understand that journalists have a job to do. Just wait until you hear the truth. Trust me, the key word in the case is ALABAMA
    Is he saying that the only reason this is a story is because an Alabama player has his name involved?

Quote Originally Posted by deltatider View Post
    Is he saying that the only reason this is a story is because an Alabama player has his name involved?

That's what I took from it.

BamaNation All-American

Yeah, I wonder what he`s trying to say?

BamaNation First Team LSUgrad2BamaDad's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tideflyer View Post
    Yeah, I wonder what he`s trying to say?
    Perhaps he's trying to say that he was singled out because he is an Alabama football player. I just hate hearing stories like this from any team.

On another note, I read last night on my Alabama parent's Facebook page that the dorms at Alabama (mostly freshman now, they are required to live on campus) were "raided" by police with drug sniffing dogs and several arrests were made. I texted my son and the response I got was "we're fine, rumors were spreading like crazy". It was late, I didn't ask follow up questions. He's coming home this weekend for Easter And I'll ask him more about it, but several parents commented their kids had friends arrested. Point is, it's not just football players being expected to obey the law.
    Last edited by LSUgrad2BamaDad; April 14th, 2017 at 07:13 AM.
    "(The Campus Catholic Sudent Center) is going to be our legacy, Terry and I's legacy, that we're going to be as proud of as anything we've ever accomplished," -Nick Saban
    " I come in peace" -WSIV70 (my old user name)

BamaNation All-American PitMaster's Avatar

Apparently being classified as aggravated assault

Football, Basketball Moderator

I've been premature on this sort of thing in the past, and am trying not to repeat past mistakes.

The time from the incident to the arrest is interesting, though. Could mean they don't have much evidence and are casting a wide net to try to get some. Could mean they did a thorough investigation and have all their ducks lined up. Could mean something else. Could mean nothing.

Let's wait for the facts to come out.
    You can't reason a man out of a position he didn't reason himself into.

BamaNation All-American TIDEnGA's Avatar

I hate to hear about any of these type stories, but this one seems a little more personal.

I sat with his parents at the Arkansas game, and they were SO nice. They were so proud of their son. They were so thankful to be there to support him. I can only imagine how they're feeling now. Football player or not I hope justice is served, but I also hope Deionte isn't involved for their sake. And from parent to parent.

Nick Saban issues statement on Deionte Thompson situation

"We are still in the process of gathering all of the facts in Deionte’s situation," Saban said in a statement. "He has been excused today to cooperate with law enforcement in this matter. Once we have a better understanding of what happened, we will make a determination as to what needs to be done in terms of the appropriate course of action moving forward."
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

Deonte turned himself into Tuscaloosa authorities.

"I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson