Warrant Issued for Deionte Thompson's Arrest (Update on Page 8 - Case Dismissed)

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Re: Warrant Issued for Deionte Thompson's Arrest

Well, That's not good... anytime it includes violence and such... there's a chance Saban will kick him off the team, but let's hope it doesn't happen...
If there is a clear video of that happening - then he is probably gone. I will reserve judgement until Saban sees that video and makes his decision. Last off season with Cam and Hootie - a lot of what was supposed "evidence" turned out to be not what it was reported to be.

Last edited:

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La

Yeah - I'm guessing we just opened up another scholarship for next year.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

If there is a clear video of that happening - then he is probably gone. I will reserve judgement until Saban sees that video and makes his decision. Last off season with Cam and Hootie - a lot of what was supposed "evidence" turned out to be not what it was reported to be.
To be fair.. that was drug/gun incident.... this one is more of violence incident.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL

I guess what isn't clear to me (and maybe I'm missing it) is whether or not witnesses are confirming that, yes indeed, it was Deionte. The a the article reads it that the initial altercation was between a former high school teammate and the victim. Two others, one wearing a white Alabama hat, then began kicking him in the head once he was on the ground. I would like to believe they have a positive ID before charging him, but the article doesn't seem to state that as a fact. Or are the making the charges based on the how the suspect(s) were dressed on the video and the association with the primary suspect?

Then again, I'm old and could be missing it.

Last edited:

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

Yeah, this doesn't look good. Racial slurs are not going to get you out of a battery charge when you are kicking a defenseless man on the ground. Let's hope that there is more to this.
You're not wrong but I'm not going to feel sorry for the guy. The legal system will do what it does but I doubt he ever pops off his mouth like that again.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

You're not wrong but I'm not going to feel sorry for the guy. The legal system will do what it does but I doubt he ever pops off his mouth like that again.

Agreed - consequences for everyone involved, and lessons learned.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

Deionte is probably going to get the worst of it. May lose a scholarship and the pro prospects for people who lose their scholarship is much lower than those who don't...could change his whole life trajectory when if I found my kid said what the victim is alleged I wouldn't let him press charges if he wants to continue using my last name.

Granted I don't have a kid but I don't see my mind changing on this: some of the problems in this world is because parents don't let their kids suffer the consequences of their actions anymore. If my kid went looking for a buttkicking and got it in spades then I'm gonna let him simmer on it.

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)

I have not heard what the victim was allegedly to have said other than a "racial slur" and I don't know what else was going on prior to the punch. So far, I don't see anything that justifies a buttkicking but who knows?

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006

The precedent maybe set with how the williams-harris situation was handled. I fear if he can't get this pled down to a misdemeanor he may be gone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Saban provided an update on Deionte today at his charity's golf tournament...

But Saban said nothing ever came about from Thompson’s off-field incident, when he spoke at his annual Nick’s Kids Golf Tournament at Old Overton Club on Thursday morning.

“As far as I know, there’s never been any charges and nothing’s really ever happened that -- it seemed like a lot of nothing with everything we can find out about,” Saban said.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

Making assumption here but sounds like it was a "you file charges then I'm filing charges too" and everybody went about their day after that...

Imagine that this kid will file a civil suit when he's drafted in a few years.

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL

Agreed - consequences for everyone involved, and lessons learned.
In my experience, people that will pop off racial slurs and such like that in public aren't the type of people who actually learn those lessons.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

The latest regarding Alabama DB Deionte Thompson's legal situation

When Sean Villery-Samuel first met with Deionte Thompson and his family in April, he asked Thompson's parents to leave the room so he could talk to Deionte privately.

He wanted the Alabama safety to speak openly and honestly about the large spring break fight in Crystal Beach, Texas during which Thompson and three others allegedly assaulted 18-year old Noah Frillou.

What Thompson said was the same thing he's told people inside the Alabama program ever since he was arrested and charged with felony aggravated assault.

"He told me that he wasn't involved and that it was really a surprise to him when all of this came up," said Villery-Samuel, Thompson's Texas-based lawyer. "And I believe him. He's a good kid from what I've been able to gather, and I'd like to believe at this juncture of my life that I'm able to have a certain discernment in reading and getting a feel for people. And from him, I really believe that he wasn't involved."

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw
Re: Warrant Issued for Deionte Thompson's Arrest (Update on Page 5)

"I just think it was a matter of they knew who he was and he was the easiest one to pick out," Villery-Samuel said. "It's unfortunate with the way the process works that it's easy for someone to be implicated for something they didn't do, but it's much more difficult -- as you can imagine -- for them to prove their innocence.
This is why our players have to be extra careful and stay clear of situations like this. It's a shame that a player's career can be side track by questionable statements by one individual, but that is the world we live in now. Especially when it comes to Title IX.

kayakerjess

All-American
Sep 9, 2005
Colorado
Re: Warrant Issued for Deionte Thompson's Arrest (Update on Page 5)

This is why our players have to be extra careful and stay clear of situations like this. It's a shame that a player's career can be side track by questionable statements by one individual, but that is the world we live in now. Especially when it comes to Title IX.
Maybe I missed something, but what does this case have to do with Title IX?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.