Link: Tom Hermann expecting Excellence everywhere for Texas

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
I am thinking Herman wants to be the next Harbaugh. He staged a photo op with a sledge hammer tearing down the fieldhouse, then puts up headline grabbing urinal posters. Yep, I can the a Press War going on ..... and I wonder if Kiffy will join in?

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015
Nick Saban on Hermann...

"He can take his'n and beat urine, and he can take urine and beat his'n"...

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Let's tell it like it is: the jury is out on Tom Hermann just like it's out on Kirby Smart. A lot of guys look like world beater coordinators at places like Ohio State (or Alabama in Kirby's case). Come to think of it, a lot of guys looked like world beater coaches at Houston, too. Hell, Kevin Sumlin turned his lone 13-1 season into big riches at Texas A/M, where he has not really made the return on investment save the JF2 years (and I like Sumlin, but I wonder if he isn't a tad bit overrated). Art Briles turned it into an opportunity, too, before he decided sexual assaults were the way to go.

Tom Hermann might be the next Urban Meyer or Nick Saban, but he's far more likely to be something comparable to the next Charlie Strong. And I mean that in more ways than one. I don't begrudge Tom making his millions now while he's young enough and has his health. Only time will tell the wisdom of this decision......but the way they tout these guys it's just.....HUH?????

CrimsonPassion

1st Team
Jun 6, 2009
Attalla, AL
I once saw a documentary about John Wooden at UCLA. In it, a former player talked about how Coach Wooden would not let his players on the court until he had lectured them, in great detail, about the proper way to put on their socks and shoes. Who knows? Maybe Herman is some kind of demented genius and will enjoy tremendous success at Texas with it all starting in the urinals and toilet stalls. Time will tell.

AlexD

1st Team
Jun 19, 2009
Just to be fair every college does the hydration tests and has a chart in the bathroom. The way it's being done is kinda funny though.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.