Alabama expected to receive NCAA findings today regarding Bo Davis

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Former Alabama assistant football coach acted unethically

A former Alabama assistant football coach acted unethically when he provided false or misleading information about impermissible recruiting contacts, according to a Division I Committee on Infractions panel. The university also committed Level III recruiting violations when a second former assistant football coach had impermissible off-campus contact with a recruit during an evaluation period and members of the football staff impermissibly allowed a prospect’s youth football coach to attend a recruiting visit at the prospect’s home.

This case was resolved through the summary disposition process, a cooperative effort where the involved parties collectively submit the case to the Committee on Infractions in written form. The NCAA enforcement staff, university and participating parties must agree to the facts and overall level of the case to use this process instead of a formal hearing. The panel held an expedited penalty hearing because the former assistant coach did not agree with the conditions of the show-cause penalty.

The former assistant coach knowingly committed a recruiting violation when he participated in an impermissible meeting arranged by a booster with four prospects at their high school. The booster later initiated another impermissible meeting with three of the prospects on her own. The contacts provided the university with a recruiting advantage because, contrary to NCAA rules, the activity occurred before the end of the prospects’ junior year of high school and allowed the booster to recruit prospects. When the former assistant coach was asked about his recruiting activity by the university and the NCAA enforcement staff, he denied the recruiting activity and the booster’s involvement. His statements were in direct contradiction to information provided by two of the prospects and the high school’s football coach. The panel noted the seriousness of the case was substantially exacerbated by the former assistant coach’s provision of false or misleading information.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Stupid on the booster for arranging the meetings. There's all sorts of notices and warnings that go out on this sort of stuff...it's impossible to miss or ignore.

Stupid twice on Davis. First for going to the meetings. Second an more severe for lying about it. Maybe three times for challenging the show-cause.

After being busted for lying to your employer (who just happen to be the most no-nonsense person who ever lived) AND the NCAA, it's just not generally a smart move to tweak Superman's nose.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
That booster should have to forfeit his Tide Pride points.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
That booster should have to forfeit his Tide Pride points.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
From what I've read, the booster in question is a former player's mom.

Also, the NCAA has a very, very broad definition of booster. IIRC, I would be considered a booster of App State because my parents bought me a shirt when they went to Boone one time.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.