Big Ten howling mad at SEC.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
"The bottom line," one Big Ten coach said, "is that the SEC doesn't want change. If it's not good for their league, they will fight it."
Oh, wow. I'm completely stunned in the world of championships one group is against a rule that might help an opponent but the opponent thinks the decision makes all the sense in the world because it helps them.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
Describing this as "howling mad" seems a bit much, particularly since Bielema of all people sounds reasonable for a change.

centerstar

2nd Team
Nov 4, 2011
Hopefully the kids are smart enough to know what it'll be like in October- November, when they'll be playing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
College football's ruling class longs to protect its turf. Those coaches don't want prospects from the South visiting Big Ten campuses when the weather is nice.
so the northern schools want to trick the southern players into signing with them by convincing them the weather up north isn't cold?

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
"The bottom line," one Big Ten coach said, "is that the SEC doesn't want change. If it's not good for their league, they will fight it."

Really? It wasn't the SEC five years ago married to the football of 1950 when they proposed that the Rose Bowl be part of the four-team playoff by preserving the traditional Big Ten-Pac 12 match-up.

In the latter plan, the four highest-ranked teams at the end of the regular season would meet in semifinals unless the Big Ten or Pac-12 champ, or both, were among the top four. Those leagues' teams still would meet in the Rose, and the next highest-ranked team or teams would slide into the semis. The national championship finalists would be selected after those three games.

Yeah, the SEC is the only conference that does this.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
In other words, every conference is trying do what is best for their conference. I am shocked.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2012/05/big_ten_commissioner_jim_delan.html

"I don't have a lot of regard for that team," Delany told the AP. "I certainly wouldn't have as much regard for that team as I would for someone who played nine conference games in a tough conference and played a couple out-of-conference games on the road against really good opponents. If a poll doesn't honor those teams and they're conference champions, I do."

Of course, you'll notice he didn't complain one iota when it helped his conference this past year.

The bowls act in their best interest.
So do the schools.
So do the conferences.

Nothing to see here.

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed
I find it enjoyable that Alabama and the SEC has taken up permanent residents inside the heads of the poers that be of the B1G conference. Bama/SEC must be doing something right if they are ....ing off the B1G.

So let's all throw are heads back and laugh.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I wasn't offended because I thought the same thing. I thought howling was a reach also. I would have titled my article "B1G whiney faced over SEC actions."
And I would have Titled it" SEC and B1G conferences each trying to do what is best for itself".

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Both the SEC and the Big 10 are trying to do what they think is best for their conference. However, they go about it in vastly different ways.

The SEC just does it and doesn't talk very much about it. The Big 10 trumpets it from the highest mountain, and does it in a holier-than-thou manner. Delaney looks down his nose so much he has to have a permanent crick in his neck.

The Big 10 office are some hypocritical SOBs, and that's the part that grates far more than their actions.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.