Link: Could it be time to deny white men the right to vote?

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
i wonder, though, just how many people "agree" with he nonexistent writer. Someone had to post it, prank or real sentiment. We'll see how it goes, but with the way some people want whites and men and especially white men to just shut up and leave it makes me wonder where it's heading.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Turns out it is "fake news". Fake, as in "writer does not exist".

http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2017/...voting-after-discovering-author-doesnt-exist/
Yeah. They also deleted their article defending that tripe. Luckily, someone archived it.

Funny. They tried to pass it off as "pretty standard feminist theory," (I mean, I guess that makes sense if the only feminists you'd ever spoken to were named Dworkin and Daly.) and snarked at the criticism, much of it legitimate, they received.

Hope that dimwitted editor learned an important lesson here.

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
Yeah. They also deleted their article defending that tripe. Luckily, someone archived it.

Funny. They tried to pass it off as "pretty standard feminist theory," (I mean, I guess that makes sense if the only feminists you'd ever spoken to were named Dworkin and Daly.) and snarked at the criticism, much of it legitimate, they received.

Hope that dimwitted editor learned an important lesson here.
LOL at comment #9 in the archive.

bama_wayne1

All-American
Jun 15, 2007
I think they should at the very least try to suppress our vote by requiring photo ID for all voters!!:eek2:

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
The plot thickens.....................

Seems the rocket scientists, at HuffPo, found out who wrote the hoax article, and things get ugly:

http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2017/...ses-job-after-outlet-tracks-him-down-at-work/

Garland has now been revealed to be the pseudonym of Marius Roodt, a think-tank employee from Johannesberg, who created the persona in order to expose HuffPo’s racism and “lack of fact-checking.”

In the face of public outrage, the Huffington Post initially defended the piece. According to Verashni Pillay, editor-in-chief of HuffPo South Africa, “dismantling the patriarchal systems that have brought us to where we are today, a world where power is wielded to dangerous and destructive ends by men, and in particular white men, necessarily means a loss of power to those who hold it.”

Only after learning that “Shelley Garland” did not exist, and that they had been trolled, did the Huffington Post retract the article and affirm that they “fully support” universal enfranchisement.
Armed with video recording equipment, three HuffPo editors then arrived at Roodt’s workplace to confront him.

Putting him on the spot in a video interview, the HuffPo editors then asked him a number of questions including, “Are you sorry for what you did?” HuffPo editor-at-large Ferial Haffajee also told Roodt that she thought his hoax had been an example of “his own anger coming out” and had been a “very angry thing to do.”

The HuffPo editors also drew attention to some of the consequences caused by the publication of the piece. Despite the fact that the Huffington Post made the decision to publish the article, they called on Roodt to answer for them.
And yet, it was Roodt, not anyone at the Huffington Post, who ended up losing his job. Roodt tendered his resignation with his employer, the Centre for Development and Enterprise, a prestigious South African think-tank.
Brilliant! Expose as us intellectually lazy and dishonest, as well as racist, but you pay the consequences for exposing us. Nothing happens to any of us for being schmucks, because it was all your fault.

That makes sense.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Brilliant! Expose as us intellectually lazy and dishonest, as well as racist, but you pay the consequences for exposing us. Nothing happens to any of us for being schmucks, because it was all your fault.

That makes sense.
What do you expect from a website that talks about diversity but has editor meetings that look like this?

Attachments

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Looks like someone is going to take a hit!

http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2017/...ns-ombudsman-condemns-overt-racism-blog-post/

In their ruling, the South African press ombudsman called on Huffington Post SA to “apologize unreservedly to the general public” for publishing text that was, according to the ombudsman, “discriminatory and derogatory,” “malicious,” “contained factual inaccuracies,” “was against the public interest,” “impaired the dignity and reputation of many people,” and “amounted to hate speech.”

The ombudsman is also calling on Huffington Post SA to apologize for “blaming its system, instead of probing deeper into the sexist and racist nature of the blog” in their response to the controversy.

Former editor-in-chief Pillay said: “I respect the office of the press ombudsman and have decided to tender my resignation.”

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Geez. Snowflakes attacking snowflakes. No one can deal with anything anymore. The first response is always "resign". It's like playing one pitch softball.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.