Auto lovers - what's your ride? (post pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crimson White

1st Team
Jun 17, 2014
Re: Car lovers - what's your ride? (post pics)

My 67 SS Chevelle

It's a 396 car, but currently running a 454 bored and stroked

66 GT Mustang. Originally a 289 A code, it's now a new small block aftermarket engine

I recently bought this 70 Mach 1. This isn't my garage. It's the previous owners.

2011 California Special. Not the torque of the big block Chevelle, but a lot of fun to drive

Last edited:

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida

My 67 SS Chevelle

It's a 396 car, but currently running a 454 bored and stroked

66 GT Mustang. Originally a 289 A code, it's now a new small block aftermarket engine

I recently bought this 70 Mach 1. This isn't my garage. It's the previous owners.

2011 California Special. Not the torque of the big block Chevelle, but a lot of fun to drive
Nice quiver of muscle cars, CW!

I love the garage disclaimer on the Mach 1! :biggrin2:

That Chevelle is so sweet.....

BamaSC

All-SEC
Oct 17, 1999
Chapin, SC
I can't believe I don't have another photo available, but this is my oldest cat on the hood of my E92 M3. It's currently under its cover in the garage as my poor daily driver Audi A4 sits exposed to the elements in the driveway.

Anyway, I fell in love with M3s when an old friend of mine bought an original E30 M3 in the late '90's (a 1990 model). He still kicks himself for letting that one go. Years later my boss had a E46 M3 and I fell in love all over again. I was finally able to pull the trigger on a new one in 2013. Not getting rid of this one!

Edit: fun fact: This picture was taken moments after I'd spent about 5 hours washing, drying, polishing, clay bar-ing, and applying CQuartz to the car. At that moment my cat decides the car is worthy for her to put paw prints all over the hood!

Last edited:

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
I drive hand-me-downs. I was driving my daughter's old Sentra but now I'm driving my wife's 2007 350Z (high-rev engine; redlines at 7500rpm) since she upgraded to more room for carrying grand-babies. For hauling and other activities I drive a 2001 Toyota Sequoia (feels like a new car).

skibama

Scout Team
Mar 21, 2003
Atlanta, GA, USA

Even better, I have an F(J)40 1972 Land Cruiser:

I'm a Land Cruiser geek - I believe they're the most capable 4wd vehicles on the planet, so I've kinda started collecting them and their kin...

My other toy is a UZJ100 2003 Land Cruiser:

My wife's daily driver is a 2015 Lexus GX460 (which is a Land Cruiser Prado overseas, it's the only way to buy this particular Land Cruiser platform in the US). I will eventually inherit this and build it for off-road use as well:

I also picked up this 2006 4Runner in the last year as a potential build - it's built on the Land Cruiser 120 series Prado chassis - though it's not quite as capable as the Land Cruiser, it has the same frame and power plant, so it should be a good one for a long time:

You're probably noticing a pattern here...
Nice to know there are other Land Cruiser nuts on here. I'm on my second LC, a 2013 200 with a 3" lift, and I love it. My next vehicle will be an FJ40.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

Nice to know there are other Land Cruiser nuts on here. I'm on my second LC, a 2013 200 with a 3" lift, and I love it. My next vehicle will be an FJ40.
Pics!

I have a friend down in Jackson, MS with a KILLER built 200.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

Recently found a 1978 Warn 8274 winch - as close as I've been able to find to be proper vintage for my 1972 Land Cruiser, so I pulled the trigger. It was pretty aged and filthy, with some surface rust, but I spent today cleaning it (no paint, love the patina) and mounted it - love it!

The day it arrived:

Today:

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
That winch looks great, CA! Good find!

Ran into a buddy of mine tonight - he was a college roommate for one year ('74-'75) so we go back a ways. Look what he was driving....my jaw dropped...those older Stingrays were the best Vettes ever! His is a '64, 327, and that is metallic dark blue....:)

Reactions: CoolBreeze

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Ran into a buddy of mine tonight - he was a college roommate for one year ('74-'75) so we go back a ways. Look what he was driving....my jaw dropped...those older Stingrays were the best Vettes ever! His is a '64, 327, and that is metallic dark blue....:)
Good grief! Amazing.

Highway59

1st Team
Jan 29, 2009
In Alabama off "highway59"
Not a convertible in the normal sports car vein, but ran across this car a few years ago and picked it up. It has decent storage space even with top retracted. The wife and I have thoroughly enjoyed getting out and tooling around on a weekend in it. :smile:

Forgot to say what it is.....:blush: 2008 Chrysler Limited Sebring.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.