Auto lovers - what's your ride? (post pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
Judge

Edit - maybe not a Judge since other pics show "Judge" decal under "GTO" decal. I thought decals above wheel openings were Judge specific but maybe not.

Last edited:

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Judge

Edit - maybe not a Judge since other pics show "Judge" decal under "GTO" decal. I thought decals above wheel openings were Judge specific but maybe not.
Nice try Bamaro, but as you said...it wasn't "The Judge".

a) Warren Oates
b) Pontiac GTO
c) my memory does not allow an answer
d) see c
Good job FS71....got two of them...

===============

Here's a nice article on the movie and back ground info that will fill in all the blanks:
LINK

Answers are:
a) Warren Oates (as G.T.O.)
b) 1970 Pontiac GTO (in Orbit Orange with eyebrow stripes)
c) "Two Lane Blacktop"
d) Dennis Wilson (as The Mechanic) and James Taylor (as The Driver)

This movie is a cult classic! :)

It still shows up on TV (cable) from time to time but should also be available on DVD or streaming - worth checking out if you like cars.

Oh - JT and DW drove a '55 Chevy, which you will see in the linked article.

:)

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
Here's a video that every car person here should enjoy....

Awesome 70 minute documentary on the Buick Grand National - and includes the story behind the last one to come off the assembly line.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
http://www.history.com/shows/the-cars-that-made-america

“The Cars That Made America” – a three consecutive night, six-hour special event presented and executive produced by Dale Earnhardt Jr. premieres Sunday, August 13 at 8PM ET/PT and concludes on Tuesday, August 15 at 8PM ET/PT. The special uncovers the stories of the visionaries who built America’s vehicle landscape and chronicles the epic journey of how the biggest names of the automobile industry became the legendary household brands that car enthusiasts have grown to love. Through gritty, character-driven reenactments and never-before-seen archival footage, the special showcases the career trajectories of seven iconic and revolutionary figures: Henry Ford, Walter Chrysler, the Dodge Brothers, William Durant, Lee Iacocca and John Delorean. “The Cars That Made America” is produced for HISTORY by Magilla Entertainment.

Sorry for the late post but you can still watch Parts 2 and 3....on the History Channel.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
I had a joke occur to me over on the football board but I was afraid it might be inappropriate...

In the thread comparing SEC teams to autos, Bama was compared to Hummers. CrimsonAudio says he wasn't happy with that choice. Another poster asked what the problem was with Hummers?

My reply was Hummers certainly aren't for everyone...but I understand both Bill Clinton and Monica Lewinski drive one.

64met

All-American
Oct 12, 2007
I had a joke occur to me over on the football board but I was afraid it might be inappropriate...

In the thread comparing SEC teams to autos, Bama was compared to Hummers. CrimsonAudio says he wasn't happy with that choice. Another poster asked what the problem was with Hummers?

My reply was Hummers certainly aren't for everyone...but I understand both Bill Clinton and Monica Lewinski drive one.
^^^^ Now, that is funny! Good one CV

BamaSC

All-SEC
Oct 17, 1999
Chapin, SC
Re: Car lovers - what's your ride? (post pics)

A 1970 Camero. What a car.

If my memory serves me correctly, I eagerly lost my virginity in the back seat of one of those jewels. :eek2::)
I remember the hood of my '78 280Z was good for that (there was no back seat). I really miss that car.

Derr

Aug 12, 2017

If my memory serves me correctly, I eagerly lost my virginity in the back seat of one of those jewels. :eek2:
It's from.

Sweet ride!

Last edited:

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA

Current ride isn't anything special. Manual transmission, 4wd Xterra:

I've always wanted to drive a Porsche at least once. I've also been curious to drive a subaru wrx down some back roads. For 4x4s I always liked the old Land Cruisers, and I have always wanted to mess around in an old Land Rover "defender" just for kicks.

I used to have a blast driving around in my neighbors old beat up Tahoe helping him out with various tasks. It handled like a brick, but I felt like I could smash through anything, and driving down the road in the summer with the windows down (cuz the AC was terrible), and listening to music mixed with the "whop whop" of the tires was always fun.

As for my next vehicle, I'd like to get a newer model Silverado with a full-sized cab. I am always torn between an SUV or truck with 4wd, or a fun manual car. I usually can't justify the fun manual car...

Last edited:

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

Current ride isn't anything special. Manual transmission, 4wd Xterra:

placeholder til I can figure out how to upload the pic...

I've always wanted to drive a Porsche at least once. I've also been curious to drive a subaru wrx down some back roads. For 4x4s I always liked the old Land Cruisers, and I have always wanted to mess around in an old Land Rover "defender" just for kicks.

I used to have a blast driving around in my neighbors old beat up Tahoe helping him out with various tasks. It handled like a brick, but I felt like I could smash through anything, and driving down the road in the summer with the windows down (cuz the AC was terrible), and listening to music mixed with the "whop whop" of the tires was always fun.

As for my next vehicle, I'd like to get a newer model Silverado with a full-sized cab. I am always torn between an SUV or truck with 4wd, or a fun manual car. I usually can't justify the fun manual car...
if you are ever in atlanta, you can go to the porsche experience. about $400-600 depending on the car you want to drive and you get to drive it for 1.5 hrs around their track and facilities. it's a blast.

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
Shameless bump because, thanks to Elephantman's how-to video, I was able to upload my pic finally. Except it is sideways, so if anyone knows how to remedy that...

Anyways, its on the previous page

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.