Auto lovers - what's your ride? (post pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw
My 1982 BMW R100RT

Had it for 24 years now. Always starts and easy to work on. She just keeps ticking away like a sewing machine.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
My 1982 BMW R100RT

Had it for 24 years now. Always starts and easy to work on. She just keeps ticking away like a sewing machine.
That is a beautiful machine!

Mine's a very rough example...guess you'd call it a driver. Only had it a few years and at some point will work on cosmetics. This is from last week when I dropped it off at my mechanics to get the carbs tuned. Picking it up tomorrow morning. It's a '76 R90/6.

Last edited:

RWBTide

1st Team
Dec 8, 2013
Blue Half of Glasgow Scotland
Audi A4 Avant, which I think fits the 'normal' criteria.

Always prefered Estate cars (not sure of the correct Americanism for that - station wagon?) Due to previously owning German Shepard dogs and have stuck with those even though the better half prefers smaller dogs (big hamsters).

Work sees me cover a lot of miles in the dead of night and this car is perfect. Comfortable, reliable and rapid.

Top speed is a modest 144mph but 100mph is an automatic loss of licence here anyway.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
I'm not sure, front grille and rear 2/3rds look right but the front fenders don't look pronounced enough. What's the story on them?

Guess they're "barn find" '70 Barracudas.....the pink one being a "Panther Pink" 340, according to this video I found.....(I guess someone reversed the pic - maybe in an effort to disguise their location...lol)

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
That is a beautiful machine!

Mine's a very rough example...guess you'd call it a driver. Only had it a few years and at some point will work on cosmetics. This is from last week when I dropped it off at my mechanics to get the carbs tuned. Picking it up tomorrow morning. It's a '76 R90/6.

i'm not sure, but that looks like an old 912 on the bottom

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
don't think so, looks like 2 exhaust pipes meaning its a flat 6 911 not a 4 cylinder 912
thx, i was thinking with those tail lights that it was the 912, i didn't even look at the exhaust. still a sweet looking ride, i like the old body styles. there is a guy in our neighborhood who has one of these covered in his garage. i've seen him drive it around the neighborhood a couple of times, but it pretty much stays put.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
thx, i was thinking with those tail lights that it was the 912, i didn't even look at the exhaust. still a sweet looking ride, i like the old body styles. there is a guy in our neighborhood who has one of these covered in his garage. i've seen him drive it around the neighborhood a couple of times, but it pretty much stays put.

my brother had a sweet 912 soft window targa that he bought on ebay on a whim for ~$6K back in the late 90's. Sold it for quite a bit more a year or two ago. It was a ton of fun to drive

looked just like this one

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
One of my previous Porsches was one I "never should have sold"...in quotes because every car guy has one of these.....

It was an Italian delivery '73 911T coupe. Sunroof delete (is the term they use for no sunroof).

Was shipped to the US in '97 and ended up in Connecticut. I bought it from a guy in Daytona who had bought it for his wife but with no AC she didn't care for it. Saw it in the local PCA classifieds.

One re-spray done as good as one could do...perfect door jams, trunk, wheel wheels, all the places where things get a little dicey.

In it's original paint color...Tangerine...which is one of the more coveted colors for early Porsches...because it's the color Porsche used for it's factory rallye cars.

This car had all it's original parts....trunk was immaculate...liner felt perfect including original balsa board in the felt pocket over void next to spare. The spare was the original Michelin. Wheels (Fuchs) were all original and near perfect.

Had the original two battery configuration in front (engineered by Porsche for better balance and weight distribution). MANY examples had long before been converted to single battery configs for easier maintenance, so this was special to have it left original.

The interior was a 9 out of 10.

Doors, trunk, and engine lids all had near perfect gaps...opened and closed perfectly. Windows were perfect...rolled up and down perfectly. Original radio....gear shift knob....

The engine was a 2.4 with (get this) factory twin 3 barrel Zenith carbs! Had the original air cleaner assembly too. I did replace it with K&N air cleaners though which gave the carbs a nicer sucking sound :) but of course hung onto the original air cleaner for the next owner.

Even had the original world championship sticker in the back side window from the factory....plus some other stickers in Italian for maintenance in the engine bay plus a rallye sticker on the front windscreen...very cool stuff....

I think I had her for about 8 years before making the decision to thin the herd and ended up selling her to the Porsche dealership in Jacksonville (the former) Brumos Porsche. She wound up in California owned by a former test driver for Porsche. He contacted me to let me know he had her - looked me up through a Google search. So, ultimately, she ended up in good hands.

That car today would be worth (guestimating) upwards to $80K or maybe more, considering how the market for early 911's has appreciated plus the fat that she was so original and all the tangibles mentioned above.

I had her checked out before selling by an independent mechanic and he said the mileage was probably original and didn't think the engine had ever been opened up. She had just over 58 KM.

She ran.....so nice...:p

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
One of my previous Porsches was one I "never should have sold"...in quotes because every car guy has one of these.....

It was an Italian delivery '73 911T coupe. Sunroof delete (is the term they use for no sunroof).

Was shipped to the US in '97 and ended up in Connecticut. I bought it from a guy in Daytona who had bought it for his wife but with no AC she didn't care for it. Saw it in the local PCA classifieds.

One re-spray done as good as one could do...perfect door jams, trunk, wheel wheels, all the places where things get a little dicey.

In it's original paint color...Tangerine...which is one of the more coveted colors for early Porsches...because it's the color Porsche used for it's factory rallye cars.

This car had all it's original parts....trunk was immaculate...liner felt perfect including original balsa board in the felt pocket over void next to spare. The spare was the original Michelin. Wheels (Fuchs) were all original and near perfect.

Had the original two battery configuration in front (engineered by Porsche for better balance and weight distribution). MANY examples had long before been converted to single battery configs for easier maintenance, so this was special to have it left original.

The interior was a 9 out of 10.

Doors, trunk, and engine lids all had near perfect gaps...opened and closed perfectly. Windows were perfect...rolled up and down perfectly. Original radio....gear shift knob....

The engine was a 2.4 with (get this) factory twin 3 barrel Zenith carbs! Had the original air cleaner assembly too. I did replace it with K&N air cleaners though which gave the carbs a nicer sucking sound :) but of course hung onto the original air cleaner for the next owner.

Even had the original world championship sticker in the back side window from the factory....plus some other stickers in Italian for maintenance in the engine bay plus a rallye sticker on the front windscreen...very cool stuff....

I think I had her for about 8 years before making the decision to thin the herd and ended up selling her to the Porsche dealership in Jacksonville (the former) Brumos Porsche. She wound up in California owned by a former test driver for Porsche. He contacted me to let me know he had her - looked me up through a Google search. So, ultimately, she ended up in good hands.

That car today would be worth (guestimating) upwards to $80K or maybe more, considering how the market for early 911's has appreciated plus the fat that she was so original and all the tangibles mentioned above.

I had her checked out before selling by an independent mechanic and he said the mileage was probably original and didn't think the engine had ever been opened up. She had just over 58 KM.

She ran.....so nice...:p

that's a beautiful car

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.