Auto lovers - what's your ride? (post pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
My ride:

1998 Honda Crv. Nothing special, but I paid $1100 for it, and it runs fine. Frankly, it's kind of obscene that an engine w/ 200k miles on it runs this well.
Rides well--which is nice since i commute to ATL every week. When we get the wife's van paid off in the spring I may get a slightly newer CRV (2006, maybe), and keep this one for our daughter.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
My ride:

1998 Honda Crv. Nothing special, but I paid $1100 for it, and it runs fine. Frankly, it's kind of obscene that an engine w/ 200k miles on it runs this well.
Rides well--which is nice since i commute to ATL every week. When we get the wife's van paid off in the spring I may get a slightly newer CRV (2006, maybe), and keep this one for our daughter.
wife's best friend has one of those bought it new in 98, has 265K miles on it and has no issues

dblack

Scout Team
Dec 23, 2009
Re: Car lovers - what's your ride? (post pics)

This was what I had up until last year when someone blind sided me and mangled the entire right side. :mad:

I recently picked up an XJ. It's an '01 and had 135k on it. I got it to use as a DD to work and a small project vehicle. They are definitely fun to drive. Had it out in the snow last weekend.

Last edited:

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Re: Car lovers - what's your ride? (post pics)

The 24h of Daytona is one of the toughest endurance races in the world. This year we went beyond our limits, fought through day and night and did not stop defending our legacy, until we made it to the end. Thank you Daytona until we see each other again.

FYI: Here is the gentleman who's voice you hear as narrator:

Tom Zahner

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
Another one I just noticed. 3 years ago Porsche returned to the top tier at LeMans - the P1 (prototype) and went on to win it threes times in a row.

When it was announced that Porsche had returned....Audi sent a nice video (Welcome Back!)

So this year Audi announced it was leaving - so Porsche sent a message of their own (Come Back!)

Very cool......

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
IMO the 917k is still one of the best looking cars ever built.
Oh man - I totally agree.....takes my breath away every time I see it!

I'm assuming you have in your possession the movie "LeMans"? The greatest racing movie ever made, IMHO. And features the 917K very well! :p

Hear the unique bellow of the 1970 Porsche 917K as it roars to life and navigates the turns at Circuit Dijon Prenios. Previously owned by race car driver, Jo Siffert, and used in the 1971 film Le Mans, this masterpiece of racing engineering carries a fascinating history. We’re excited to take one of the most iconic and legendary racing cars, Chassis 917-024, from the track to the block at the Pebble Beach Auctions this August.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.