Auto lovers - what's your ride? (post pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
We haven't even talked about motorcycles yet, have we?

I just picked this one up week before last. Craigslist. It's an '87 VFR 700. I have another just like it in yellow (a re-paint because they were only offered in this Blue and a White from the factory). This one obviously needs a little work and is missing the front fairings but I got it at a decent price.

0-60 in 2.4 sec.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
Mom and I at her house here in NSB back in '93. I was living in Lehigh Acres at the time (near Ft Myers). That was my pre-Porsche ride at the time - an '81 TR-7 drop-head coupe. Just enough room for me and my surfboard.

I did a fair amount of restoration work on this car getting most of my stuff from Victoria British. These cars were notorious for blowing their head gaskets - mainly from the head warping when the engine got hot. I got so I could do a head gasket replacement in less than 1 hour's time.

I sold the car around '98 not long after getting my first Porsche - an '81 911SC Targa - also white.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Mom and I at her house here in NSB back in '93. I was living in Lehigh Acres at the time (near Ft Myers). That was my pre-Porsche ride at the time - an '81 TR-7 drop-head coupe. Just enough room for me and my surfboard.

I did a fair amount of restoration work on this car getting most of my stuff from Victoria British. These cars were notorious for blowing their head gaskets - mainly from the head warping when the engine got hot. I got so I could do a head gasket replacement in less than 1 hour's time.

I sold the car around '98 not long after getting my first Porsche - an '81 911SC Targa - also white.

also had an 81. Mine was a limited edition fuel injected version, Crimson with a gold Triumph logo and stripes, also a drophead. Also warped the heads numerous times

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
also had an 81. Mine was a limited edition fuel injected version, Crimson with a gold Triumph logo and stripes, also a drophead. Also warped the heads numerous times
Crimson? Nice color!

Most of us had spare heads that were ready to install when needed. I'd take the old one down to my machine shop and have it machined flat again. :p

Just found this webpage with TR7's for sale - wow they went up n value! Who knew?

One has this in the description...lol:

1980 TRIUMPH TR7 CONVERTIBLEORIG 51000 MILESBLACK / BLACK XINTVERY NICE CONDITION IT APPEARS TO HAVE A BAD HEADGASKETIT

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Crimson? Nice color!

Most of us had spare heads that were ready to install when needed. I'd take the old one down to my machine shop and have it machined flat again. :p

Just found this webpage with TR7's for sale - wow they went up n value! Who knew?

One has this in the description...lol:

1980 TRIUMPH TR7 CONVERTIBLEORIG 51000 MILESBLACK / BLACK XINTVERY NICE CONDITION IT APPEARS TO HAVE A BAD HEADGASKETIT
it was my first car by default. It was my older brothers and he couldn't afford to keep it running so I took it over and then ran out of cash too. We dumped on a guy my dad worked with for his daughter, no idea who he dumped it on. I had no mechanical skills at the time

what I really wanted was a TR8 with a Buick derived Rover V8 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triumph_TR8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.