Auto lovers - what's your ride? (post pics)

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
1970 Ford Mustang “Lawman” arriving in the Vietnam.
Only 2 of these "Lawman" Super BOSS 429 Mustangs were ever made by Ford for tour to U.S. troops in Vietnam, Japan, Guam, Hawaii, & Mainland military bases.
It's the only Ford Made BOSS 429 Mustang that's automatic in the world,1200hp, runs a quarter mile in 8.4 seconds at 185mph. Top speed depends on how it's geared but it's well over 185mph.
That's BOSS!

Its On A Slab

All-SEC
Apr 18, 2018
Pyongyang, Democratic Republic of Korea

2012 Subaru Outback. I think Subaru must have made just about all of this line in this same white package. There are dozens around town. Hard to find my car in the parking lot because they are all white Outbacks.

Wish I still had my 2004 Forester. It was paid for, and well-maintained. Victim of a delivery truck that ran a stop sign in a blizzard in 2016.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
I worked off a vw truck like this that had fold down sides when I was a teenager. Flatbed or pickup, the driver's choice.
This was in the trades, I assume? What was the business, if you don't mind me asking?

Would love to own one of these one day. I like the double cabs as well. The older ones with the safari windows in front!

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
My Dad had rental property, and two maintenance men. In the summers I worked with them, I learned a lot.

The two men that I worked with were both black, and strong as can be. One day we had a flat on the rear...rather than go to the trouble of using the jack to change the tire, one lifted the rear slightly while the other changed the tire. My instructions from the two workmates..."Don't tell your daddy we could do that, no telling what he would try to get us to do if he knew we could."

We had a faded blue truck, and an old red one that was faded pink. Neither had the double cab like in the picture. One or the other was always running, but they were old and beatup like the one pictured.

Good memories, thanks for asking.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
My Dad had rental property, and two maintenance men. In the summers I worked with them, I learned a lot.

The two men that I worked with were both black, and strong as can be. One day we had a flat on the rear...rather than go to the trouble of using the jack to change the tire, one lifted the rear slightly while the other changed the tire. My instructions from the two workmates..."Don't tell your daddy we could do that, no telling what he would try to get us to do if he knew we could."

We had a faded blue truck, and an old red one that was faded pink. Neither had the double cab like in the picture. One or the other was always running, but they were old and beatup like the one pictured.

Good memories, thanks for asking.
Nice memory to have with your Dad and the work ya'll did! Thank you for sharing. Don't have any pics of the trucks, do you? Would love to see any.

I just found a couple boxes of old slides and will be going through them so look out! Already found some of my old '70 145S Volvo wagon! :p

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
It's June and you know what that means? You got it......

The 86[SUP]th[/SUP] edition of the Le Mans 24-hour race will be contested from 16-17 June.

Checkout what Porsche is doing this year....wow!

A total of ten Porsche 911 RSR racers will contest this year’s 24 Hours of Le Mans – four fielded by the factory and six by customer teams. The two permanent vehicles from the Sports Car World Endurance Championship (WEC) will line up on the grid sporting the custom design; the #93 and #94 works vehicles will compete under the usual white, black and red livery, which from a bird’s eye perspective alludes to the emblem of the Porsche brand.

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
It's June and you know what that means? You got it......

The 86[SUP]th[/SUP] edition of the Le Mans 24-hour race will be contested from 16-17 June.

Checkout what Porsche is doing this year....wow!

A total of ten Porsche 911 RSR racers will contest this year’s 24 Hours of Le Mans – four fielded by the factory and six by customer teams. The two permanent vehicles from the Sports Car World Endurance Championship (WEC) will line up on the grid sporting the custom design; the #93 and #94 works vehicles will compete under the usual white, black and red livery, which from a bird’s eye perspective alludes to the emblem of the Porsche brand.
I’ve gotten the car bug recently and enjoy old Top Gear episodes, Jay Leno’s Garage, and a few others which has gotten me interested in racing. Will there be tv coverage of Le Mans? That is a grueling race!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
This is my car at the beach here in 1972. Those are the Lee sisters who were kind enough to pose for the photo. The surfboard is a Jim Turner purchased locally at a shop right on the North Causeway. Those Jim Turner's rode pretty good and were the rage for about a year or two. After those we all started riding Natural Arts.

The car was a Chevy Vega - my second car ever - and purchased when I enrolled at UF in 1972. I liked it because it was a wagon. Perfect for my nomadic lifestyle...ha ha.

I put a ton of miles on this car going back and forth from Gainesville and NSB on weekends. They were notorious for overheating though and this one went through at least one engine repair during my ownership.

Good times......

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
Brain Johnson with his vintage Lola T70. I met Brian at a race in Daytona at the speedway a few years back. He was entered in one of the earlier vintage class races. Super nice guy - posed for a pic with me that I have 'somewhere'. He's loves those Lotus's!

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
The car was a Chevy Vega - my second car ever - and purchased when I enrolled at UF in 1972. I liked it because it was a wagon. Perfect for my nomadic lifestyle...ha ha.
The Vega was a favorite of the drag racing set because it was the smallest car that would hold a big block Chevy. Plus, the factory engine was an engineering disaster

Last edited:

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
Thanks for that video, CBI......I've never seen a Vega go that fast...lol..... But now that you mentioned it - I do remember the talk about changing out those faulty designed engines.

Believe it or not - I ended up getting another one after the wagon in the photo. It was a '73 coupe with a vinyl top. Those two cars served my purposes during the entire 5 years I was at UF. Then, not long after getting my first job out of college....I bought what I consider to my my fav. car ever.....a '70 Volvo 145S. Pics to follow. :)

New topic:
At the risk of sounding like one of those "back in my day" folks.....how about all the creativity and styling of the American muscle car period? All manufacturers were in on it. Just my opinion but overall I think the Mopar's were the best......

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
Just a reminder for those interested the 24 Hours of Le Mans starts at 8am ET in the morning with TV coverage on Velocity.

Watching a show on Velocity right now (Velocity Dispatch) where they are installing an electric motor in an old Porsche Speedster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.