Auto lovers - what's your ride? (post pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
So far no huge stories but a lot of racing left so stay tuned.

No surprise that both P1 Toyotas still leading 1 and 2....and on the same lap!

The GTE Pro class is a little more interesting with battles between Porsche, BMW, Ford, and Ferarri.

Live Scoring

Twitter

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
One hour left......both Toyota's still 1 and 2 in P1.

Both factory Porsches still 1-2 in GTE Pro with two of Chip Ganassi's Ford GT's running 3 and 4 behind them.

In GTE Am, Patrick Dempsey's #77 Porsche maintains it's lead, which it has held the entire race, with 2 Ferarri's running 2 and 3 behind him.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
Porsche knows how to pay tribute to its most historic moments with panache. In 2013, for the 50th anniversary of the legendary 911, the German marque won in both LMGTE Pro and LMGTE Am. Porsche and the 911 had not triumphed in either class again...until today, a perfect way to celebrate its 70th anniversary.

Kévin Estre: "This was great racing from Porsche and Ford. The Fords showed a top speed of around 190 mph and we could never achieve that. In the beginning of the race I also had a big fight with Gimmi (Bruni, one of the drivers of the #91 911 RSR, Ed.). This victory is a big thing for me. This is the only race of the year I compete in France. My family and friends are coming so I got a lot of pressure, that’s why this win is so emotional for me. I am proud to share this moment with my team mates who are also very good friends."
Michael Christensen: "Having a 4-car squad here at Le Mans was of big help for all of us, engineers, mechanics and drivers. The car is quite new and we still have a lot of things to learn, but it improved a lot from last year. Pressure was big though, when we controlled the race we had to take care of the car, and not to touch everyone in the traffic."
Laurens Vanthoor: "The 70th anniversary of Porsche, with this special livery, car and helmets, will definitely be something we will remember. We had to control the race when we took the lead but I wanted to go faster. This 911 is fantastic, I wish I could enjoy more laps at the wheel but we had a job to get done. We also need luck for victory. Me and my team mates had a lot of races together, and luck paid us back."

https://www.lemans.org/en/news/2018...win-in-pink-for-anniversary-celebration/49710

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
A drive through Paris flat out in a Ferrari... turn up your speakers! Filmed in 1976, the revered short film (a heart pounding 9 minutes) by director Claude Lelouch (director of Academy Award winning “A Man and a Woman”/”Un Homme et Une Femme”) is regarded as the ultimate chase scene - the connoisseurs' trump card in response to “Bullitt” or “The French Connection”. Lack of availability (pirated poor quality VHS copies were being traded at $50 on the internet) has only fueled the myths surrounding the film...

Was Lelouch really arrested when it was first shown?
Who drove the car? Was it Lelouch or a hired Formula One driver?
What was the car? Was it really a Ferrari 275 GTB?
How did he do it?

What we do know is that there are no special effects, no speeding up of the film or blocking off the streets. Lelouch simply mounted the camera on the front of the car and captures a quite literally death-defying drive through the streets of a beautiful 70s Paris with a striking twist at the journeys end. The ‘soundtrack' is just as pure – the brutal wail of the engine, squealing tires and the roar of the exhaust.

Last edited:

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
Ran across this pic from back in '03.......the theme was Red, White, and Blue......all vehicles have since been sold.

My previous work truck, my first Porsche ('81 SC Targa), and a beloved all original '69 Volvo 145S with updated SU carbs that I wish I still had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.