Braxton Key WITHDRAWS from NBA Draft and Will RETURN to UA

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015
Re: Braxton Key to Explore NBA Draft Options but WON'T Hire an Agent

Reports that Key was at Syracuse, and also some chatter he was not returning UA calls

Is he not in classes?

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

There's lot of stories on him right now.. and I'm not sure why he's doing this... I really think someone is in his ear and the whole thing reminds me of Trevor Lacey situation.....

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Reports that Key was at Syracuse, and also some chatter he was not returning UA calls

Is he not in classes?
Let's look at what we have thus far:

1. A note that gives the "I'm gone impression" even though he's only testing the NBA waters.

2. Avery tells the media Braxton's announcement was not a surprise.

3. Bob Simon fired with some talk of possible eligibility issues.

Have to wonder if the two are connected.

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL

1. A note that gives the "I'm gone impression" even though he's only testing the NBA waters.

Uh-oh.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

If that is the case, hoping there is no smoke with our incoming class.

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL

I'm not even sure what I'm reading. I just don't want Drama in Basketball. I've waited way too long to finally get "busy".... (heavy sigh!)
I can't translate any of that either. The big circle with a little slash to lower left almost looks like the circle backslash (Ghostbusters) symbol...but not really. I think all of that means he's staying.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art

I can't translate any of that either. The big circle with a little slash to lower left almost looks like the circle backslash (Ghostbusters) symbol...but not really. I think all of that means he's staying.
If you look at Dazon's instagram profile pic, you'll see the same image super-imposed, but it's easier to make out. The key there is that it's actually the Alabama script A in the middle...

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Maybe a little insight into things in this column from Cecil:

CECIL HURT: Hoops fans hope good news continues

Will Key return? Logic says he should — he’s probably not ready for the NBA at this point. One word of precaution — look at any mock draft and see how many lottery picks are one-and-dones and how few are college juniors or seniors. That doesn’t mean there aren’t guys like Kris Dunn and Buddy Heild, who improved their stock. It just means that, for most players, the clock starts ticking as soon as they start playing in college.

Still, Key could benefit from a return. There are plenty of “sources” that say that’s what he will eventually do, given that most other options are undesirable. Most close sources will say only that it’s up to Key to make his own announcement. Alabama fans remain optimistic, but there is still that old lingering demon that makes them believe that at some point, something isn’t going to go their way.

Only Key knows all the factors involved. Not every decision is about basketball, and it is his right, no one else’s, to make that decision. He’d be welcomed back by the fan base, and if his mind is on improving next year (not just on slogging through one more season and playing with one foot out the door), he’s a big asset. Until then, Alabama fans will wait and hope the long streak of good news continues the way that it has since last November.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Braxton Key withdraws from NBA Draft, will return to Alabama

The waiting game is over for Alabama star freshman Braxton Key.

The Crimson Tide forward has decided to withdraw his name from the NBA Draft and return to Tuscaloosa for his sophomore season, he announced Tuesday morning via Twitter with a #BuckleUp and an elephant emoji. ESPN’s Jeff Goodman was first to report Key would return.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
The talent that Avery is both amassing and keeping around is remarkable. He signs a great class, then after it looks like things might go sideways, both Davis and Key return and oh yeah, he adds Tevin Mack. He even had a plan for what to do if Key didn't come back, and not to criticize the previous coach but roster management seemed to be one of the issues.

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama
The talent that Avery is both amassing and keeping around is remarkable. He signs a great class, then after it looks like things might go sideways, both Davis and Key return and oh yeah, he adds Tevin Mack. He even had a plan for what to do if Key didn't come back, and not to criticize the previous coach but roster management seemed to be one of the issues.
Seemed to be?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
Excited to see how the PT flows next year. Might not have anyone play more than 20 minutes a night, especially in the back court with Sexton, Petty, Jones, AJ, Ingram and Davis.

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
I hope the off-season basketball roller-coaster ride is over now. This team can be something once everyone comes together. Only a slight worry that a couple of teams may still be able to take advantage inside.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.