Braxton Key WITHDRAWS from NBA Draft and Will RETURN to UA

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture
Re: Braxton Key to Explore NBA Draft Options but WON'T Hire an Agent

Maybe its just for promotion. A behind the scenes orchestration so to speak. Continue to get people talkin bama basketball. And it doesn't hurt to have the NBA added to the discussion...lol that's totally my made up conspiracy... either way barring a miracle he isn't going to get drafted if he did go.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La

Way too inconsistent in big games.....I think that may have been more to him playing out of position as a Point-Forward toward the end of the year. But, his foot speed (to me) needs work, plus he doesn't drive with power consistently.

I think he's likely to be back. UNLESS he does something stupid, by signing with an agent.

Cruiser

All-American
Sep 24, 2015

Braxton Key; Kennedy Winston would like a word with you

smith5753

1st Team
Sep 12, 2010
Guntersville , AL

Maybe its just for promotion. A behind the scenes orchestration so to speak. Continue to get people talkin bama basketball. And it doesn't hurt to have the NBA added to the discussion...lol that's totally my made up conspiracy... either way barring a miracle he isn't going to get drafted if he did go.
The same thought crossed my mind. Avery is smart and has been relentlessly promoting the program since his arrival. He also has to have several contacts in the NBA. Even if the idea of Key getting drafted isn't legitimate, which seems to be obvious, anything we can do to get the name Alabama in the same sentence with NBA has to help down the road. It may also be beneficial for Key to get some input from the scouts. I don't necessarily like this situation, but maybe there's something positive behind it.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama

Braxton Key; Kennedy Winston would like a word with you

Yep too many have the wrong people in their ear and it costs them sadly. The back riders just take off once he goes broke. It's a hard life in the D-League.

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL

Not a fan of the way Alabama beat writers are covering this - seems final but we'll see.

Travis Reier of BamaOnline commented that this is a good growth point for the program - big time basketball has to deal with this all the time.
I agree. I saw this for the first time last night on the 10pm news. The way it was presented, it wasn't clear that this was exploratory in nature. They profiled another player doing this before they talked about Key. With the other player, it was very clear on the intent. When they followed that up with a very vague explanation for Key, I was really scratching my head. It sounded like it was final but they didn't want to say it was final.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art

I agree. I saw this for the first time last night on the 10pm news. The way it was presented, it wasn't clear that this was exploratory in nature. They profiled another player doing this before they talked about Key. With the other player, it was very clear on the intent. When they followed that up with a very vague explanation for Key, I was really scratching my head. It sounded like it was final but they didn't want to say it was final.
Not a direct response, but what the heck is up with bamaman65? Is there some inside joke I'm missing? Literally all he does now is click dislike. And it seems pretty random to, or does he just get mad when people make a post that's longer than a sentence?

Last edited:

bamaman65

All-SEC
Feb 27, 2006
North Alabama

Not a direct response, but what the heck is up with bamaman65? Is there some inside joke I'm missing? Literally all he does now is click dislike. And it seems pretty random to, or does he just get mad when people make a post that's longer than a sentence?
Why was this posted? I have not disliked anything.

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)

I started to dislike this post but just couldn't...:wink: I too have been a victim.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art

Why was this posted? I have not disliked anything.
Your post/like page is literally just you clicking dislike on posts. Just found it a bit odd, heh.

I started to dislike this post but just couldn't...:wink: I too have been a victim.
I kind of expected at least one dislike, it seemed appropriate.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

Back to the topic...

182 players including 137 from college signed up for early NBA Draft.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

With that being said, I don't think Key has real good chance. I expect him to come back to the team hopefully.

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)

Key has a real good upside but I don't think it will get him into the NBA yet. Some players have used this process to not just get a handle of where they stand but to get an understanding of what they need to work on and improve. Key has the body and athletic ability. I think he needs to get a little stronger and work on his defensive footwork including quickness.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

I agree Day. He also needs to work on his shot selections, learning how to create an opportunity to shoot ball, understanding how to execute in a way that will affect the team in a positive way. He also needs to improve his game mentally, and I think that's where he struggled the most.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Still have a strange feeling about this, but some good news for Bama - Key wasn't invited to the combine. That's a clear sign the NBA doesn't think he's ready.

Philippines

Scout Team
Feb 9, 2014
Birmingham, AL

Since it appears to most of us that he is not NBA-ready, I wonder about him pursuing an overseas opportunity.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.