Is Mizzou the Surprise Team in the SEC for 2017?

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
IOW, we don't know what he can do because we have nothing to use, so he's "not a good head coach."
Currently, he is not a good head coach. If you disagree, fine. But you have no evidence that he is or even will be. I have a 4-8 record as evidence that he is not, currently, a good head coach. You are grasping at straws.

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
Is it weird that I almost want to call Kentucky as the surprise team out of the East? They are riding a bit of momentum from the end of last year. Plus they are bring back their starting QB, two 1,000 yard rushers, and a better defense than Mizzou. (Although neither one is much to write home about) The thing about UK I find intriguing is their schedule. They only have to face Ole Miss and @Miss St as their cross-divisional draws. If Ole Miss falls as hard as I expect, they could be the doormat of the west. MSU is tracking in the right direction, but it's still a far more winnable game than us or LSU. They also have the benefit of playing Florida and Tennessee at home. I'd never have the guts to predict it, but I will say that's as favorable as an SEC schedule can get.

In comparison, Mizzou has both Auburn and @Arkansas. I can't imagine Mizzou being as bad as they were last year, but I feel like their ceiling is about 7 games. As bad as the East could be though, first one to win 8 games might win the whole shebang.

Either way, I'm ready for the next 5 months to pass so we can get the games back. This spring football has been a really poor substitute for the real thing.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Currently, he is not a good head coach. If you disagree, fine. But you have no evidence that he is or even will be. I have a 4-8 record as evidence that he is not, currently, a good head coach. You are grasping at straws.
My sole point is that your insinuation that he's not a good coach is off base. You have one year. That's it. No one knows for certain if he is or isn't a good coach. I'm not about to say he is.

Simply saying we have no proof of either.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
My sole point is that your insinuation that he's not a good coach is off base. You have one year. That's it. No one knows for certain if he is or isn't a good coach. I'm not about to say he is.

Fair enough

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
I think Missouri will struggle again and continue to help make the case that they are a bad fit for the sec. I'm going with LSU as the surprise team in 2017. I think they will exceed expectations despite coach yaw yaw.

Last edited:

RollTideMang

All-American
Oct 16, 2009
St. Louis, MO
I think Mizzou's top recruit this year was a 3 star wide receiver who is like 5'9" or something like that from what I've heard from a Mizzou fan at work. I don't think they'll be a surprise any time soon.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA

I think we, or I, have gotten off topic. Missouri doesn't have to win the East to be the surprise team in the East. I am certain they will be picked to have a losing season, but look at the schedule. Missouri State, Purdue, Idaho, and UConn. That should be four wins. Upset Vandy and someone else and they are bowling again.

It is hard to judge a coach in their first year. Look at Chizik and Malzahn, for example :party:

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.