Is Mizzou the Surprise Team in the SEC for 2017?

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Didn't realize this until this weekend - Mizzou is one of two P5 teams to return 3,000 yard passer, 1000 yard rusher & 1000 yard receiver.

And they have all 5 starting OL back this year.

If Odom has the defense back to what it was when he was DC, Mizzou might be better than we all expect.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
You never know cause they've made it to the SEC Championship Game since joining the SEC..I would be more concerned if Pinkel was still their HC..

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
No depth and no head coach.
Exactly. In points scored Mizzou had the worst offence in the East and tied for the worst defense in the East. Those three players mentioned must be all they have. They should finish last ..... but this presumes Georgia, Florida and Tennessee play to their talent level.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I would be interested in what you base this on. QB? Recruiting? Coaching? Gut feeling? The East is going to tank and Mizzou wins it by default?
MIzzou won SEC East twice... All I'm saying East is a wildcard and we never really know who's going to emerge out of a division a winner. Dating back to 1992, It was always Georgia, Tennessee or Florida. SC won 1 time during that time period along with Mizz who won twice.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
MIzzou won SEC East twice... All I'm saying East is a wildcard and we never really know who's going to emerge out of a division a winner. Dating back to 1992, It was always Georgia, Tennessee or Florida. SC won 1 time during that time period along with Mizz who won twice.
They actually had a pretty good head coach when they won those division titles. Barry Odom is not a good head coach.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
They actually had a pretty good head coach when they won those division titles. Barry Odom is not a good head coach.
The guy is in his second year. Can we legitimately say that? Remember what he inherited from that pretty good head coach.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
Thanks for clarifying. Looking at it like that, they could do it. Still, count me shocked if they do.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
The guy is in his second year. Can we legitimately say that? Remember what he inherited from that pretty good head coach.
Maybe not, but he has no experience at this level and is learning on the job in the SEC. I don't like his chances.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.