News Article: Democrat Jon Ossoff gets Hollywood help in Georgia 6th Congressional District

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
that's some strong math you got there Cajun, 1%?

Results[edit]
Georgia's 6th Congressional District election, 2016 [2]
Party Candidate Votes %
Republican Tom Price (Incumbent) 201,088 61.68%
Democratic Rodney Stooksbury 124,917 38.32%
Total votes 326,005 100
Republican hold

want to try again?
alternate logic

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
that's some strong math you got there Cajun, 1%?

Results[edit]
Georgia's 6th Congressional District election, 2016 [2]
Party Candidate Votes %
Republican Tom Price (Incumbent) 201,088 61.68%
Democratic Rodney Stooksbury 124,917 38.32%
Total votes 326,005 100
Republican hold

want to try again?
Compared to the Presidential Election spread of Trump/Hillary -- he only got 1% more than Hillary got....

I mean, this after all was an election about Trump right?

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Compared to the Presidential Election spread of Trump/Hillary -- he only got 1% more than Hillary got....
which is 100% more than you or I got, so what

this wasn't Trump versus Hillary, this was an election for a %100 safe GOP Seat that should never even be close to be Blue. This is one of the reason Price got the job because his seat was a "gimme" for the GOP. Was

CajunCrimson

Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
which is 100% more than you or I got, so what

this wasn't Trump versus Hillary, this was an election for a %100 safe GOP Seat that should never even be close to be Blue. This is one of the reason Price got the job because his seat was a "gimme" for the GOP. Was
Ok....true, I'll grant you that point.

All I was saying is - they spent $12M to only move the needle by 1% over the Presidential election split -- seems like a waste of time and money.....

It's all good -- we can call it a defeat of Trump.....if that makes everyone happy.

Last edited:

CajunCrimson

Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
My Gawd, Mel Carnahan won a Senate seat when he wasn't even alive (in direct violation of the US Constitution)......this is smaller potatoes.

Al Franken
Hillary Clinton
Ossoff
One of these things just doesn't belong here...
One of these things just isn't the same...

Elmo - please forgive me for butchering the lyrics.

CajunCrimson

Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Let me just help out Cajun here:

I don't dislike posts when someone is trying to make a point -- that's what this is supposed to be. So no need to dislike this post of Jon's -- his information is valid. He just misunderstood what I was trying to say. So, no need to dislike this.....these are the kind of posts that make these threads better.

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
Republicans were the ones that redrew the lines. You actually think they would do that to give themselves less of an advantage? That's huge if true! Trump level 4D chess stuff right there.
I mean, you could always just listen to what the GOP says about that particular redistricting:

At a GOP breakfast on the district’s eastern DeKalb outskirts, state Sen. Fran Millar criticized Democrats who think it’s a “done deal that this kid’s [Ossoff] going to become the Congressman.”

“I’ll be very blunt: These lines were not drawn to get Hank Johnson’s protégé to be my representative. And you didn’t hear that,” said Millar. “They were not drawn for that purpose, OK? They were not drawn for that purpose.”

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
Sen. Fran Miller doesn't know what he is talking about. We need to give him CajunCrimson's contact info so he can get schooled on Georgia politics.
Pfsh, I doubt Miller lives in the 6th district either. What does he know?

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
It is "fun" watching a microcosm of the death throes of America play out in all of these threads as each team tries to ra-ra their party over everything mentalities.

Also in the inevitible civil war I'll go ahead and apologize if I'm stuck torturing any of you. I was just following orders.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.