News Article: Democrat Jon Ossoff gets Hollywood help in Georgia 6th Congressional District

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
So #1 You don't believe there is duplication in DC
If there is then it isn't too much to ask any candidate - whether Jon Ossoff or Donald Trump - to spell out BEFORE he's elected what he's going to do.

And if he can't given even one example, he's a lying sack of garbage. (Of course, we ALL know WHY he won't tell us - because he IS lying. Of course - to be fair - so, too, the conservative "let's cut government spending" crowd, so I'm hardly ripping on Ossoff alone)

and #2 you want him to illegally spend campaign funds?
Absolutely not. However - much as with Jill Stein's recount fiasco - it's amazing how much money supposedly concerned liberals can raise OVERNIGHT when it involves political power but never seem to be able to go into poor, black neighborhoods and give that money away to solve such problems.

It's a more than fair question to ask why a so-called Christian faith healer cannot replace an amputated limb if he really has a healing gift. It's just as fair to ask why a group of bleeding heart "my compassion is superior to yours" can always come up with money for politics and power to GET ELECTED to (supposedly) help people but can't cut out the middle man and go right to the source. Just like it's a more than fair question to ask why any 'anti-government' Republican would run for a job IN government.

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
Charmin - serious question here, no flame. I believe I recall you saying you live near San Fran and, of course, you post here on the best board on the net but primarily connected with Alabama.

So where are you from exactly? What is your path? And just to be fair - I was originally born in Selma (for real) back when Craig Air Force Base was there (my Dad was a T-33 mechanic at the time). Military brat, lived all over the world and have currently spent the last 12 years in the Republic of Dallas-Fort Worth.
I've moved around as well, though I'm not from a military family. I was born in southern Florida and lived there for over a decade. My mom's job moved to Connecticut, so we left Florida and I finished middle and high school in New England before attending UA. My mom's side of the family is from Alabama, so I'd visited a lot while growing up. My older sister had also gone to UA before jumping across the state for vet school at Auburn (no one's perfect) and landing a job in Muscle Shoals after graduation. So I had a lot of family connections to the state, which made the choice of UA pretty easy. After undergrad, my best med school offer was on the west coast, so I moved to the bay area. It just so happened that one of the best residencies for my specialty is also in the bay area, so I stayed and have been living just outside San Francisco for a while.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
So I don't really know Georgia politics, but this doesn't seem like it would play well in any district.

GOP candidate's husband shares image urging voters to 'free the black slaves from the Democratic plantation'
Sadly, really sadly as I live in the district it will play well in parts. Cobb County especially which is deep red and a historical hot bed of right wing hate politics. Handle won't win the Dekalb portion though she will likely get a majority in Northern Dekalb the South Dekalb/Decatur portion will remain Blue. The Battle is in North Fulton which is becoming more blue but has trended red for years. If its any indicator my small neighborhood in North Fultonhad 1 Hillary yard sign (not me) but has 6/7 Ossoff signs to 2 Handels.

I suspect the Cobb voters are loving Handels husband right now

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
Absolutely not. However - much as with Jill Stein's recount fiasco - it's amazing how much money supposedly concerned liberals can raise OVERNIGHT when it involves political power but never seem to be able to go into poor, black neighborhoods and give that money away to solve such problems.
That wouldn't be a proper use of campaign funds.

bama2112

All-American
Nov 19, 2006
Cobb County, Ga.
For Selma and bama2112 ya'll can check out the top article with the list of the $16 billion in programs and come back and discuss if you want.
Thanks for the link, while I believe the information he is quoting. The operative question is what is he going to do about it? What is his plan to eliminate them? All politicians sling crap against the wall to see what will stick. As a freshman congressman how much power will have to do anything.

He does not even live in the district he is running to represent.

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
He does not even live in the district he is running to represent.
Is there some constitutional requirement you know about that i don't? He lives a few miles outside the district with his girlfriend at Emory while she is completing school there. I have no problem with that. It's not like he is living in California or somewhere. Why is this a problem?

BTW - you are changing the subject

Last edited:

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Is there some constitutional requirement you know about that i don't? He lives a few miles outside the district with his girlfriend at Emory while she is completing school there. I have no problem with that. It's not like he is living in California or somewhere. Why is this a problem?

BTW - you are changing the subject
I heard Rush one day railing on him for this, he was insinuating that Ossoff was some kind of lesser man for following his fiancee rather that demanding that she has a hard commute for his political benefit and the right wonders why they are painted as anti-woman. The guy was working from home before deciding to run and anyone familiar with Atlanta knows that living as near to where you need to be for work/school is the single largest consideration to living here.

Last edited:

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Sadly, really sadly as I live in the district it will play well in parts. Cobb County especially which is deep red and a historical hot bed of right wing hate politics.
Is it possible to disagree with you without, in your eyes, being driving by hatred?
Can you not see how bigoted a post like this makes you appear?

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
cobb county has a rich history

Starting next week, the Olympic torch will travel by relay through 42 states on its way to the opening ceremonies of the Summer Games here. But on its 15,000-mile, 84-day journey, it will not pass through the Atlanta suburb of Cobb County, Olympics organizers said today, because the county has refused to repeal its 1993 resolution condemning the homosexual "life style."

bama2112

All-American
Nov 19, 2006
Cobb County, Ga.
Why are you dragging up something that happend over 20 years ago. Times and people change. But it seems all we hear from the left wing on his is hate and negativity.

Starting next week, the Olympic torch will travel by relay through 42 states on its way to the opening ceremonies of the Summer Games here. But on its 15,000-mile, 84-day journey, it will not pass through the Atlanta suburb of Cobb County, Olympics organizers said today, because the county has refused to repeal its 1993 resolution condemning the homosexual "life style."

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Is it possible to disagree with you without, in your eyes, being driving by hatred?
Can you not see how bigoted a post like this makes you appear?
are you kidding? Of course. Hate doesn't drive (most) people to disagree with my religious views, my views on the environment or most public policy. But when you try to legislate out the existence of Gays, that is hate based. So has been their historical support for institutionalized racism as just two examples (and the ones I was specifically using)

I know you don't live here, so you can't fully understand but Cobb county is what it is and what it is isn't good

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Why are you dragging up something that happend over 20 years ago. Times and people change. But it seems all we hear from the left wing on his is hate and negativity.

and that's why it was referenced as History by both 92 and me

Last edited:

bama2112

All-American
Nov 19, 2006
Cobb County, Ga.
are you kidding? Of course. Hate doesn't drive (most) people to disagree with my religious views, my views on the environment or most public policy. But when you try to legislate out the existence of Gays, that is hate based. So has been their historical support for institutionalized racism as just two examples (and the ones I was specifically using)

I know you don't live here, so you can't fully understand but Cobb county is what it is and what it is isn't good
Ok, I have no idea where Tidewater lives , but I live in East Cobb. So here is a startling fact you might want to think about. My daughter attends Pope High School. The high school has a LBGT support group for the students. The club is openly supported by the school administration and I am not aware of any gay bashing occurring in this school. Were you even aware that the high schools in Cobb county have LBGT support groups ?

If there were institutionalized gay racism give me a example where the right is supporting the anti gay movement in East Cobb.

I personally do not care what you do behind closed doors. This race is about who is the best qualified and who knows the needs of District 6 not what someones sexual preference is.

Last edited:

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

sorry, i should have put up a trigger warning

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Ok, I have no idea where Tidewater lives , but I live in East Cobb. So here is a startling fact you might want to think about. My daughter attends Pope High School. So here is an example of the Gay hate and bashing that gays are afforded living in East Cobb. Pope High School has a LBGT support group for the students. I know 2 trans students that attend the school. If there were institutionalized gay racism give me a example where the right is supporting the anti gay movement in East Cobb. I personally do not care what you do behind closed doors. This race is about who is the best qualified and who knows the needs of District 6 not what your sexual preference is.
Institutionalized gay racism? Read all that again and try again, maybe this time a little slower as that wasn't said or even insinuated, nor would it be because it is plainly stupid

again, my claim was Historical and 92 very nicely confirmed that. Your county has a deep history of historical anti gay and institutionalized racism. 92 showed some (not nearly all) of the historical anti-gay evidence. For 1 great example of institutionalized racism look no further that CCT which was created in no small part to keep black people from downtown out of Cobb http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/01/31/how-racism-preordained-the-atlanta-transit-mess

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.