News Article: Democrat Jon Ossoff gets Hollywood help in Georgia 6th Congressional District

bama2112

All-American
Nov 19, 2006
Cobb County, Ga.
It seems that Hollywood and the rich Democrats have to put their money and nose into the special election for the replacement of Tom Price.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...llywood-help-in-georgia-special-election.html

As a independent, I am confused as to why more than 20 people from the republican and democratic party are running for this seat. We even have a Republican Muslim running for office. The democrats seem to choose a candidate and throw all their support behind one person , ignoring the other democrats running in the same election. I guess that is their game plan to rebuild the swamp.

We had 4 people knocking on our door Saturday asking for our support for their respective candidate and or party. I finally ask one guy in his 20's where did he live. His answer was Miami. He said he was a volunteer. I then ask did he pay for his airfare and hotel and meals. No he is a Paid Volunteer. So the PAC's pay volunteers to come to my home, and spout the party line. I asked him what he knew about this area of the county, he didnt even know the county name I lived in. I inquired if he knew the demographics or median household income of the area, no was his reply . What a waste of money. One candidate has raised over 8 million dollars and 90% of it was from out of the state donors.

Paid Volunteer, I need one those jobs no qualifications needed just memorize a canned speech and hand out flyers.

Last edited:

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
It seems that Hollywood and the rich Democrats have to put their money and nose into the special election for the replacement of Tom Price.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...llywood-help-in-georgia-special-election.html

As a independent, I am confused as to why more than 20 people from the republican and democratic party are running for this seat. We even have a Republican Muslim running for office. The democrats seem to choose a candidate and throw all their support behind one person , ignoring the other democrats running in the same election. I guess that is their game plan to rebuild the swamp.

We had 4 people knocking on our door Saturday asking for our support for their respective candidate and or party. I finally ask one guy in his 20's where did he live. His answer was Miami. He said he was a volunteer. I then ask did he pay for his airfare and hotel and meals. No he is a Paid Volunteer. So the PAC's pay volunteers to come to my home, and spout the party line. I asked him what he knew about this area of the county, he didnt even know the county name I lived in. I inquired if he knew the demographics or median household income of the area, no was his reply . What a waste of money. One candidate has raised over 8 million dollars and 90% of it was from out of the state donors.

Paid Volunteer, I need one those jobs no qualifications needed just memorize a canned speech and hand out flyers.
you want to make $8 an hour to walk around in this heat knocking on doors there are plenty of non political options. AT&T for instance seems to knock on mine every other day

as for the money from out of the area, I don't care. I have an Ossof Sign in my yard so the other candidates don't knock

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
you want to make $8 an hour to walk around in this heat knocking on doors there are plenty of non political options. AT&T for instance seems to knock on mine every other day

as for the money from out of the area, I don't care. I have an Ossof Sign in my yard so the other candidates don't knock
but the independents are concerned

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
Are you for real? Calling Trump "Herr Fuhrer" and trying to pass it off as a bad hair joke. I really feel sorry for you if you have that much hate for another human being.
It doesn't take hate to make that joke.

Honestly even if I was a Trump supporter I would still be able to find the humor in "Hair Furor." If you can't look at things even you disagree with at times and still admit they were funny you're taking things too seriously. One example is comedian Jim Jeffries bit about gun control. I disagree with a lot of it but it's very funny and has some truth to it.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
It doesn't take hate to make that joke.

Honestly even if I was a Trump supporter I would still be able to find the humor in "Hair Furor." If you can't look at things even you disagree with at times and still admit they were funny you're taking things too seriously. One example is comedian Jim Jeffries bit about gun control. I disagree with a lot of it but it's very funny and has some truth to it.
it was my fault, i should have included a trigger warning.

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
I have an Ossof Sign in my yard so the other candidates don't knock
Might need the family to take shifts guarding that sign.

Georgia man caught on video stealing Jon Ossoff’s campaign signs

Chrissy Harris captured the above video of a man stealing campaign signs, the latest Ossoff’s, on a road in the Dunwoody, Georgia area.

“Tell John Podesta I said what’s up,” says the man as he tops off a large pile of campaign signs in his trunk.

“Who’s John Podesta,” says Harris, but the man just repeats, “Tell John Podesta I said hello….tell John Podesta I said hello.”

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Hair Furor. LOL. Wasn't there a Buggs Bunny cartoon entitled Hare Furor? If there wasn't, there should have been.
i remember one of the bugs bunny ww2 cartoons mocking the germans/hitler. the google tells me it's "herr meets hare"

and wikipedia had this little factoid link

Herr Meets Hare also sets up two important facets of Bugs Bunny: one in which Bugs would realize he "should have made a left toin [turn] at Albukoykee".[1] The other is an extended dance sequence in the middle, which would later be retooled by Chuck Jones into What's Opera, Doc?.
they also had one titled "bugs bunny nips the nips"

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
He isn't going to top 50% - and then he's going to get creamed in the runoff.

My gawd, the media. They can't even make up their minds.

"Trump barely won the district" (true)

"Some Republican voters might back Ossoff to send a message to Trump" (are you seriously suggesting that the same people who held their noses and opted for the Cheeto over a Democrat would now turn around and vote for a Democrat more liberal than Hillary???)

"This is a referendum on Trump" (for WHAT exactly???)

If Ossoff by some chance wins, the spin will be it's an anti-Trump referendum. Of course, if he loses it becomes "well, he was never supposed to win anyway."

If he doesn't win the primary, he's toast.

If he DOES win the primary, he's gone in 2018 anyway.

And now Trump has jumped aboard, meaning the polling tells him that Ossoff is not going to break the threshold and now the Clown himself can claim it as his own referendum.

We endure this every year - all based upon political assumptions that have NEVER been proven to be true - and every race is somehow a verdict on the person in the White House.

Dan Rostenkowski did not lose in 1994 because of Bill Clinton.
And Scott Brown did not win in MA in 2010 because of Obama, either.

We're told this by the same people who called the election winner wrong twice in the same night in 2000 and for a full year in 2016. At what point do people say, "You're full of crap"?

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
He isn't going to top 50% - and then he's going to get creamed in the runoff.

My gawd, the media. They can't even make up their minds.

"Trump barely won the district" (true)

"Some Republican voters might back Ossoff to send a message to Trump" (are you seriously suggesting that the same people who held their noses and opted for the Cheeto over a Democrat would now turn around and vote for a Democrat more liberal than Hillary???)

"This is a referendum on Trump" (for WHAT exactly???)

If Ossoff by some chance wins, the spin will be it's an anti-Trump referendum. Of course, if he loses it becomes "well, he was never supposed to win anyway."

If he doesn't win the primary, he's toast.

If he DOES win the primary, he's gone in 2018 anyway.

And now Trump has jumped aboard, meaning the polling tells him that Ossoff is not going to break the threshold and now the Clown himself can claim it as his own referendum.

We endure this every year - all based upon political assumptions that have NEVER been proven to be true - and every race is somehow a verdict on the person in the White House.

Dan Rostenkowski did not lose in 1994 because of Bill Clinton.
And Scott Brown did not win in MA in 2010 because of Obama, either.

We're told this by the same people who called the election winner wrong twice in the same night in 2000 and for a full year in 2016. At what point do people say, "You're full of crap"?
I hope somebody gets 50%. Anybody. Just so the ads will stop

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

Do you think the swamp has been drained? Anywhere?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.