Kentucky rewards 7-6 football team with rings after losing - yes, losing - TaxSlayer

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I got a HS ring for playing football on a team that never won a game. I still cherish that ring.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
This seems simple enough to me. They have the right to give themselves Bowl Loser Rings, or Bowl Participation Rings or Look at us, we beat Louisville rings. And ..... we have the right to make fun of them. The Kentucky Bowlcats.

Bamamax1

Scout Team
Jan 10, 2017
Wasn't it given many many years after the season was over? From the surviving Junction Boys? 25 years later?
It was the only piece of jewelry he wore often. He was very proud of that first A&M team. Out of all his team I believe that was his favorite, not the ones that one titles, his only losing season team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
It was the only piece of jewelry he wore often. He was very proud of that first A&M team. Out of all his team I believe that was his favorite, not the ones that one titles, his only losing season team.
Rings commemorate more than wins and losses. They commemorate the brotherhood.

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
Good seasons are relative and vary from school to school. We will make fun of Kentucky for giving themselves a ring for a 7-6 season in football. Kentucky will make fun of us when we put up a banner for the basketball team having made the NIT this year.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.