aaron hernandez found dead in his cell

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Or you could look at it the other way. Killing Odin worked out just like he wanted it to; without the witness, he was acquitted. Remember, an acquittal doesn't mean he was innocent, just that the prosecution didn't have enough evidence to prove his guilt beyond a reasonable doubt.
Well, except for the part where he got caught......

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
The reason prosecutors have to offer a theory is because they know jurors are sitting there asking themselves that question. They also ask themselves if this defendant didn't do it, then who might have. Prosecutors try to intercept and satisfy those questions...
No, I get that being a necessity of prosecution.That's why the older I get the angrier I get about the OJ criminal trial prosecution. I had no idea how bad it really was at the time, but they left open too many ways for any defense attorney with a brain to play the "but what about" escape

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
My theory on how stuff like the OJ trial happen is that defense has gotten more complex and competent at a rate that out paces the prosecution. Defense is the private side of the equation, so an ethical/professional race to the bottom in the name of profits is inevitable. OJ's Dream Team was willing to go places that were borderline unprofessional in the name of successfully defending their client.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
But the OJ trial doesn't exist in a vacuum though. I have to accept that there was a piece of vengeance over Rodney King and the larger LA/American race problems at play there and it is foolish to ignore that reality. OJ got off because he had money but the strategy employed by those well-paid lawyers was a clever play at the scars of Rodney King/LA Riot/etc.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
But the OJ trial doesn't exist in a vacuum though. I have to accept that there was a piece of vengeance over Rodney King and the larger LA/American race problems at play there and it is foolish to ignore that reality. OJ got off because he had money but the strategy employed by those well-paid lawyers was a clever play at the scars of Rodney King/LA Riot/etc.
Clark and Dardin had a big role in that too.

Then you have Ito not recusing himself and then allowing the furhman tapes.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
No, I get that being a necessity of prosecution.That's why the older I get the angrier I get about the OJ criminal trial prosecution. I had no idea how bad it really was at the time, but they left open too many ways for any defense attorney with a brain to play the "but what about" escape
In terms of expertise, experience and just plain common sense, the prosecution was far eclipsed by the defense team. Not countering the "doesn't fit" skit with an explanation and vigorous cross examination as to why it didn't fit, instead of the deer in the headlights look, was just one egregious example...

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
What for? To go see a daddy she never really knew in prison? She's got a better shot in life without that baggage now.
Because there's no way a 4 year old can comprehend everything what's happened. True, one day she'll realize she's better off without him but at this point she's probably inconsolable..

Last edited:

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
This is kinda changing subjects, but it is along the same lines. I watched a documentary last night on ID. It told the case of Richard Glossip. I had never heard of the guy, but some part of me thinks he's guilty and other parts of me thinks he is being railroaded. His execution is set for this summer (the 4th time he's been scheduled to die). Who knows what will happen, but it is an interesting case for sure.

Has anyone here heard of this case and what are your thoughts?

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Listening to radio conversation today - according to the laws in Mass....since he died before being able to go through with appeals - his guilty verdict for Lloyd is now vacated (not sure if I said it the right way legally).

There was a civil suit already in motion from Lloyd's family and now they will have to start all over again with a different strategy.

Also, a meeting had been scheduled for next Monday to decide how they were going to assess financial damages to Lloyd's family.

So, it's entirely possible that AH did this to protect his assets from others outside his family. I don't know if he even has any assets...but just passing along the info....

EDIT: 8.2M as of 2017 - according to someone on another site....

Last edited:

Vinny

Hall of Fame
Sep 27, 2001
Rockaway, NJ
My boss was telling me there were rumors that his attorney was going to get him off because the evidence and the way the police handled the investigation had too many holes it it. Then he was going to sign with the Jets. Arron had some help being hung, someone wanted him on ice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Interesting: http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...19IfqM/story.html?s_campaign=bdc:article:stub

Leslie Walker, executive director of the nonprofit Prisoners’ Legal Services of Massachusetts, which serves indigent inmates, said the state had a worse-than-average inmate suicide rate a decade ago but had done some work to “suicide proof” its facilities, such as installing clothing hooks that collapse if too much weight is placed on them.

Walker, from past visits to the prison, described the layout of the standard maximum-security cells there. The windows are small rectangles about three feet off the ground, and the metal frame is flush with the glass, leaving no easy way to slip a sheet through or around the metal, she said.

“It’s designed as a supermax prison, so it’s mostly cement and then the frame around the window is metal,” Walker said. “I imagine there would be an opportunity to figure out a way to pry that metal, but I had not heard of it before.”

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
My boss was telling me there were rumors that his attorney was going to get him off because the evidence and the way the police handled the investigation had too many holes it it. Then he was going to sign with the Jets. Arron had some help being hung, someone wanted him on ice.
Really?

Did this rumor also tell HOW the police mishandled the investigation?

There is literally no question he killed Odin Lloyd. None. Now an appellate lawyer can go through and argue every nook and cranny if he wishes but:

a) a shell casing was found in the car he rented and it had Hernandez's DNA on it
b) another rental car key was found in Lloyd's pocket by the mortician/coroner/whoever
c) his own home surveillance system set up the timing and put him in the car just before and after the murder
d) one of the guys in the car testified that the other three got out to take a leak and only two got back in the car (although I guess it's possible Lloyd was raptured like Enoch and left a body with six bullet holes in it). Even if Smarty Pants wants to say the witness was lying....how did the witness put Hernandez's DNA on the shell casing?

I'm being a bit facetious, but does your boss also think Colombian drug lords killed Nicole Simpson and Ron Goldman?

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.