aaron hernandez found dead in his cell

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds
I'm probably supposed to feel sorry for this guy . . . I don't. Feel for his family, especially if they tried to straighten him out.

Sort of relieved that civilized society doesn't have him to be concerned with any longer. Not glad. but certainly not unhappy this problem has eliminated itself.

If this qualifies me for cynical or insensitive, well, it is what it is

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
She hardly knows him now.
I don't have any sympathy for Hernandez. I feel bad that his innocent 4 year old daughter has to go through all this. Did you read the article? It's heartbreaking for the little girl. If you don't understand that you must not have kids..

Last edited:

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I'm trying to be decent, but it's really hard with this dude. I was listening to Mike/Mike yesterday for the first time in eons and Golic was out and McFarland and another guy I was half paying attention to were on there. I keep hearing about what a "tragedy" Hernandez was/is.

Uh......the TRAGEDY is the folks he killed. HE made the all the choices here. (I still think he killed those two guys at the stop light but the question a jury determines is "guilty beyond reasonable doubt" and there wasn't enough to prove it conclusively - plus let's be honest......some jurors probably even thought 'hey, it really doesn't make much difference, he's in the pen anyway').

He chose to kill the first two guys and even if he didn't...he CHOSE to murder Odin Lloyd.

And in the end, he chose his own demise, too.

His daughter? Well, that's different. But he should have had more self-awareness, too.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
That's low and heartless to say a 4 year old shouldn't be grieving for her father no matter how big of a pile of garbage he was
I'm saying she hardly knows the guy. He's not home everyday when she comes home from school or walking through the door in the evening coming home from work. She probably saw him once a month at best visiting him for an hour at the jail. There's literally no relationship built for her to grieve. He was a picture on the wall...literally.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
I don't have any sympathy for Hernandez. I feel bad that his innocent 4 year old daughter has to go through all this. Did you read the article? It's heartbreaking for the little girl. If you don't understand that you must not have kids..
I have three sons. 21, 18, 15. I coached all my boys in football and baseball, spent numerous hours doing home work, spending vacations with them, reading bed time stories to them when they were her age, falling asleep with them, eating dinner with them (and still do), going to Bama games, Astros games, etc... She's never had that relationship with her father. That's my point. She'll recover quickly.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I'm saying she hardly knows the guy. He's not home everyday when she comes home from school---There's literally no relationship built for her to grieve. He was a picture on the wall...literally.
So I guess you feel the same way for a fallen soldier's 4 year old who barely sees him/her. Of course not, because he/she died for a noble cause. But the fact still remains that the 4 year old knows who her/his parent regardless of how much they see them.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I have three sons. 21, 18, 15. I coached all my boys in football and baseball, spent numerous hours doing home work, spending vacations with them, reading bed time stories to them when they were her age, falling asleep with them, eating dinner with them (and still do), going to Bama games, Astros games, etc... She's never had that relationship with her father. That's my point. She'll recover quickly.
Im starting to believe you get a high off of being the most insensitive or bombastic person in the room.

Last edited:

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
So I guess you feel the same way for a fallen soldier's 4 year old who barely sees him/her. Of course not, because he/she died for a noble cause. But the fact still remains that the 4 year old knows who her/his parent regardless of how much they see them.
Can you even compare the two? That's a bit of a reach. Parents of fallen soldier - "Your dad was a hero who died for his country."

Hernandez parents - "You're dad was dope %&#, drug dealing, thug-living, gang banging, straight up home boy murderer. You should be proud he's your dad."

Good call on that one.

Last edited:

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
Im starting to believe you get a high off of being the most insensitive or bombastic person in the room.
I've made my point. Again, I don't think there's ever been any real relationship with a man she sees once a month at best. As I said, he'll quickly be a distant memory to her. If that's insensitive, so be it.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
Which example would you want your child to have? Your comment made me think of this 60 minutes segment on the boy who's father died, but saw a soldier with his family eating dinner and gave them money to pay for the meal.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/ohio-8-year-old-turns-20-into-priceless-gift/

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I'm trying to be decent, but it's really hard with this dude. I was listening to Mike/Mike yesterday for the first time in eons and Golic was out and McFarland and another guy I was half paying attention to were on there. I keep hearing about what a "tragedy" Hernandez was/is.

Uh......the TRAGEDY is the folks he killed. HE made the all the choices here. (I still think he killed those two guys at the stop light but the question a jury determines is "guilty beyond reasonable doubt" and there wasn't enough to prove it conclusively - plus let's be honest......some jurors probably even thought 'hey, it really doesn't make much difference, he's in the pen anyway').

He chose to kill the first two guys and even if he didn't...he CHOSE to murder Odin Lloyd.

And in the end, he chose his own demise, too.

His daughter? Well, that's different. But he should have had more self-awareness, too.
It has been bizarre watching ESPN cover this story. Yesterday evening, at the in-laws, we were watching ESPN and they were playing some kind of soft funeral type music while doing a segment on Hernandez. Yesterday's event was a good thing for society. The tragedy happened years ago, when he decided he'd leave his life of luxury and success and become a gangsta thug.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
It has been bizarre watching ESPN cover this story. Yesterday evening, at the in-laws, we were watching ESPN and they were playing some kind of soft funeral type music while doing a segment on Hernandez. Yesterday's event was a good thing for society. The tragedy happened years ago, when he decided he'd leave his life of luxury and success and become a gangsta thug.
Yeah, I kind of was sick of Mike and Booger and the other dude playing up the tragedy angle of the whole thing as if Hernandez himself was the tragedy. No, he IMPOSED tragedy on others. I cut the cord weeks ago because I don't watch anything other than football (seriously - then my bro let me use his Netflix, ha ha and then I won a free year with MLB TV). But they were saying yesterday he had some kind of bad upbringing, and to be honest I'm tired of that narrative. Adam Griffith had a bad upbringing, too and so did MANY fine upstanding minority athletes in many sports (I'm saying this because you're never going to convince me that if Hernandez was a full fledged cracker that this would be the angle).

Lyman Bostock was a tragedy.

And let me add something else here on the soap box I guess. I've always said that deep down people KNOW this stuff, okay? Hernandez KNEW what he was doing was wrong, which is why he committed the murder at 3am (and did this bozo stop for even a second to think that he had two witnesses IN THE CAR with him?). That's why I can't get into this whole "tragedy" angle.

This is an imprecise parallel but.....the Cam Newton scandal at Auburn (and no, I'm obviously not saying paid player equals murder). My black pastor friend I work with - we get along great and kind of give each other the rundown. So he tried to argue - very politely, almost lawyerly like - that a guy from the hood like Cam (and I don't think that part is true but whatever) has never been around a bunch of money and someone offers it to him...it's not WRONG to him, he's doing whatever anyone would do.

I pointed out that he KNEW it was wrong by mere fact he kept it a secret.

And knew he had to lie about it. In other words, this 'defense' isn't any defense at all.

Same with Hernandez but on a MUCH bigger scale.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.