Link: 247- 2017 Recruiting Class Can be a Foundation Class that Gets Alabama in Tournament

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Link

But Sexton is hardly the only top recruit in the Alabama class, which is currently ranked No. 4 in the 247Sports Composite. Sexton is joined by shooting guard John Petty (No. 31 in the 247Sports Composite), 6-foot-7 guard Herb Jones (No. 105), power forward Alex Reese (No. 74) and center Galin Smith (No. 226).

“I would call it both a foundational group and a transition group,” Meyer said. “It’s a group they can build from and also a ‘get them over the hump’ group. I always think it’s interesting when a team signs a five-man class that can all play on the court together.

“Alabama has all the positions covered in a really diverse class where all the players bring something different to the table,” Meyer said. “Sexton is the floor general who can score when you need it. I think John Petty is a great shooting guard with a good mind for the game. Herb Jones has versatility and length. When he first hit the scene, people were wondering if he was a point guard, and he gives you that versatility, which is a really great quality in a three man. Alex Reese, you need to get him tougher and stronger, but he can be a stretch four who can really get the ball in the basket. Galin Smith’s just a workhorse. They’re going to count on him to be that warrior inside.”

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.